The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Manor School Horses! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/manor-school-horses-140815/)

Iseul 10-17-2012 08:42 PM

Manor School Horses!

Well..I figure I can take some pictures of the horses and post them for everyone to ogle at.(:
I'm going to Meredith Manor, and I get the stall(s) I'm assigned to changed every few weeks..I'm on my third stall now (Elvis, Mo, and now Petoo) and this mare is AMAZING.

I'll get a picture or two of the others, Elvis and Mo at some point..lol.

Elvis
Elvis is a dapple grey Arabian gelding, and he's the sweetest thing ever. I caught him laying down before feed one day and sat with him for a bit until the food actually started coming and he wanted to get up, haha. I've never liked greys, nor Arabs, but he's definitely the one exception.(:
Picture coming soon!

Mo
Mo is a bay mustang gelding (freeze-brand and all!) that's rather..old, lol. I'd say he's in his mid-late twenties and he's pretty stoic..He just chills in the back of his stall..so I never really liked him, haha.
Picture coming soon!

Juanita
This is an absolutely beautiful (even if faulty in conformation, haha) mare. She doesn't exactly look like my mare, but they're personalities are SPOT ON! This is the first horse that I rode for my lessons/classes, and she's so push button. All her cues are instilled great and she listens the second you tell her to change gait, turn, or stop.
Picture coming soon!

Panzer
Panzer use to be a mounted police horse..He's rather large and just plods along..He's not one for going fast, so I had to work on speeding him up the WHOLE time just to keep pace with the rest of the horses. Although he was slow, his trot was HUGE, and very lengthy..which, given his height, I should've known, haha.
Picture coming soon!

Clyde aka the Moldy Pickle
I rode this old (and I mean OLD) guy for my evaluations.(: I was told he was a complete pain in the ass and didn't listen to rein at all, but he was definitely made out to be much worse than he was. While I thought I was going to break him in half, he's extremely adorable and I couldn't help but LOVE his giant, furry ears. I won't lie about being focused on his ears half the time instead of what we were doing, haha. This old guy is still going strong around 40 years old :p
Picture coming soon!

Petoo
She's an absolutely beautiful, sorrel, QH mare. She looks similar to my mare (same colour) and she's extremely lovey. She has itchy spots ALL OVER her body and she always turns her head to "groom" you back (aka, rubbing her top lip back and forth on your hand or forearm). I took a few pictures this afternoon when I got assigned her stall..but this is my favourite.(:
http://i46.tinypic.com/27yrhw3.jpg

So..I'll be updating with all the horses I'm assigned to, and I'll also get a few of those that I rode before I switched to just farrier too.(:
I'm really excited that my camera came back from the dead..I'll be able to get great pictures of some great (albeit insane) horses now! :D

Merlot 10-17-2012 10:24 PM

Love Petoo - she looks a LOT like my girl Merlot :-)

HorseLovinLady 10-18-2012 12:06 AM

Cute!!

Country Woman 10-18-2012 01:58 AM

Petetoo is cute

csimkunas6 10-18-2012 02:27 AM

Neat.....I went there back in 2009-2010.....fun place....I was at the Blue Barn, not sure if that is what they call it now though.....Petoo is adorable as she always has been.....Clyde...gosh what a character he is huh? lol Glad to hear that Mo is still kickin, hes a great little guy!!

Is DB still there? Love that stud!!!

Iseul 10-18-2012 07:08 AM

The barns are still all called the same..except T&B are kind of..falling apart D: T barn was moved to Gnu barn (just finished end of last quarter I think?) and T is under construction. And when T is finished and horses are moved back, B will be moved to Gnu while it's under construction, and then they'll all finally be back to normal and Gnu will just be a new barn, lol.

DB is still here..I actually just watched him get sedated to get his teeth floated too, lol. He put up quite the fight and got 3 shots and was STILL fighting. Bingo is my favourite stud.(: We did stalls for barn class yesterday and he had dried sweat marks ALL over him..I brushed him off coz I felt bad..though, the barn managers didn't seem worried/upset at all.

Mo was recently on stall rest too..He sliced his frog open on his hind right somehow and was off for..about a week? Petoo's been on stall rest for..just about since I got here in September for something in her forearm that's been sore.

Chic's too fat to walk down campus to the farrier shop for horse health to get her antihistamines, so we have to walk it down to her in her stall, haha.

I'm really picky about the horses I like though..so I'm glad I finally got a stall with a horse that I really like that has a half decent (without craters dug, lol) stall. Mo was alright, but he wasn't fun..he just seemed to glare at me the whole time, haha.

csimkunas6 10-18-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iseul (Post 1723129)
The barns are still all called the same..except T&B are kind of..falling apart D: T barn was moved to Gnu barn (just finished end of last quarter I think?) and T is under construction. And when T is finished and horses are moved back, B will be moved to Gnu while it's under construction, and then they'll all finally be back to normal and Gnu will just be a new barn, lol.

DB is still here..I actually just watched him get sedated to get his teeth floated too, lol. He put up quite the fight and got 3 shots and was STILL fighting. Bingo is my favourite stud.(: We did stalls for barn class yesterday and he had dried sweat marks ALL over him..I brushed him off coz I felt bad..though, the barn managers didn't seem worried/upset at all.

Mo was recently on stall rest too..He sliced his frog open on his hind right somehow and was off for..about a week? Petoo's been on stall rest for..just about since I got here in September for something in her forearm that's been sore.

Chic's too fat to walk down campus to the farrier shop for horse health to get her antihistamines, so we have to walk it down to her in her stall, haha.

I'm really picky about the horses I like though..so I'm glad I finally got a stall with a horse that I really like that has a half decent (without craters dug, lol) stall. Mo was alright, but he wasn't fun..he just seemed to glare at me the whole time, haha.

Yeah, DB def puts up a fight when it comes to his teeth and sedation! Sounds like there are a ton of new horses!! I was really picky about the horses I liked too. Crazy how many different personalities there are isnt it? I still cant get over how different horses really are....is Paint Lady still there? What about TB Dillon?? What course are you taking? I was taking Equine Science, was in Farrier the entire time, did Training, Horse Health, Horse Massage.....was even a co-barn manager for a little while too....have fun :D

Iseul 10-19-2012 04:32 PM

To be comletely honest..I figured all the horses would act like Mo (half dead lookin' and hating life, lol), but there are quite a few different personalities, and many new horses!
I don't believe I've heard Paint Lady's name..I may have heard Dillon's, but I can't say for sure.

I'm taking Equine Science Master III with Farrier Emphasis. I'm doing horse health (I already know most of it, haha), barn managment with Ron for my second quarter, and then hopefully leather working my last quarter. :p

Iseul 10-22-2012 08:35 PM

Soo...here's Elvis and Chocolate, both horses that go to camp during 3 summer months.(: I got a chance to trim both of them up today, Choco's front right and part of his right hind (shared with other person), and I did Elvis' front left and right hind.(:

Elvis:
http://i46.tinypic.com/116p6cg.jpg

Chocolate:
http://i45.tinypic.com/dwvuxk.jpg

csimkunas6 10-22-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iseul (Post 1728569)
Soo...here's Elvis and Chocolate, both horses that go to camp during 3 summer months.(: I got a chance to trim both of them up today, Choco's front right and part of his right hind (shared with other person), and I did Elvis' front left and right hind.(:

Elvis:
http://i46.tinypic.com/116p6cg.jpg

Chocolate:
http://i45.tinypic.com/dwvuxk.jpg

Great pics! I see Jon is still teaching farrier.....ask him as many questions as possible!! He is awesome!!