The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Help for leasing out a horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/help-leasing-out-horse-140841/)

Puddintat 10-17-2012 11:02 PM

Help for leasing out a horse

I need to lease out my horse as soon as I can. Obviously, I'm hoping to get a good person to help me and Dancer out. I've posted an ad on CL and my local horse facebook page. Any other places I should post?

Also, does my ad sound OK?

15.2 hh Paint gelding for lease. Requires intermediate to advanced rider. He can w/t/c. He does not bite, kick, rear, or buck. Very sweet boy. Western tack available but will go English. Lease includes 3-4 days per week with the rest of the week being flexible. Large riding area with numerous trails around property. Small private barn however, people to trail with at the barn next door. Lessons are a possibility with current trainer/instructor.

Canteringleap 10-18-2012 05:13 AM

Sounds good to me! Just curious though on what you're doing regarding the price of the lease? Are you just asking them to pay for all/part of his upkeep, or plus?

DancingArabian 10-18-2012 08:33 AM

Is he trained or experienced in any specific disciplines? You should add it if he is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Puddintat 10-18-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canteringleap (Post 1723125)
Sounds good to me! Just curious though on what you're doing regarding the price of the lease? Are you just asking them to pay for all/part of his upkeep, or plus?

I am asking $200/month which will pay for about half of his costs.

Puddintat 10-18-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DancingArabian (Post 1723174)
Is he trained or experienced in any specific disciplines? You should add it if he is.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't really say that he's trained in anything in particular. He was a hack horse when I got him 2 years ago. I'm working with a trainer right now and we're doing basic dressage.

nerdybirdy 10-18-2012 06:03 PM

Where are you located?
Posted via Mobile Device

Puddintat 10-18-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerdybirdy (Post 1723741)
Where are you located?
Posted via Mobile Device

chesapeake,va