The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Howdy from the north! :) (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/howdy-north-140870/)

Fulford15 10-18-2012 11:52 AM

Howdy from the north! :)

Hello!

I'm Emily, I just joined the forum and so far I really like it! I am from Vancouver Island, BC, Canada, but I moved to Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada, 9 months ago. Im 20 years old and have been competing for 15 years, my main focus is Hunter/Jumper & Dressage, but I really enjoy Western showing as well! I have a 19 year old reg'd TB back home, Turly, who I have had for 10 years, since it's to cold here I couldn't bring him but he is boarded at a family friends barn semi-retired with a younger girl free-leasing him and loving him just as much as I would. I competed with him pretty much my whole life, from cross-rails up to 3'3 Hunter/Jumpers, level 3 Dressage, and western gymkhana and pleasure just for fun! We were also in Pony Club and got to ride with coaches from Australia, England, USA, etc!

I currently ride a 7 year old Paint gelding here, named Flash, who I absolutely adore! We just trail ride and ride casually in the field as there are no riding rings in our area yet.

I am also currently a Equine Canada Competitive Coach In-Training, this has been my dream since I was about 12, I love coaching and helping and sharing my knowledge with others. :D I also enjoy training horses.

Hope to get to know everyone!!

ruxpinsam 10-18-2012 12:56 PM

Nice to meet you!!! What a wicked story. I live in London Ontario.
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseLovinLady 10-18-2012 08:16 PM

Welcome to the forum! Please share some pics with us.

Country Woman 10-18-2012 09:02 PM

Welcome Emily
nice to have you here from Northern Ab
How do you like it there? I have family close to you
Would love to see your horses
nice story

waresbear 10-18-2012 09:39 PM

Welcome! BC here, southern interior. How's Ft McMurray? Snow yet?

Fulford15 10-19-2012 11:40 AM

Thanks everyone! :D

I will share some photos for sure! I don't mind Fort McMurray, not much to do here, and it for surely makes me appreciate Vancouver Island a lot more! We had snow last week, but it melted... they are forecasting 20 cm of snow over this weekend. I like snow, back home we just get rain all winter(you know how it goes Country Women, seeing as you are from Surrey!:-)) so I'd rather have snow then rain! But the -40 is not very fun, lets just say when I moved here last December I had a bit of a shock! lol!