The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What is this piece of tack? (

Sera 10-18-2012 01:34 PM

What is this piece of tack?
Can you tell me what this is and how you would use it?https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...iUCZQ&sadssc=1

Critter sitter 10-18-2012 01:38 PM

well I can't see the picture so sorry No
Maybe try to repost?
Welcome to the forum

Sera 10-18-2012 01:44 PM

Does it have to be a url to post a picture?

Sera 10-18-2012 01:53 PM

Here is the listing I got the image from. I don't know how to post a picture apparently.

Wide Leather Horse Harness Tack Equestrian w Heavy Metal Piece | eBay

Golden Horse 10-18-2012 01:54 PM

looks like some sort of cribbing strap device, maybe.

poppy1356 10-18-2012 01:58 PM

They are calling it a harness but it looks like an old caveson to me.

verona1016 10-18-2012 02:03 PM

Maybe some kind of lunging cavesson? It looks like it has a strap that goes down the middle of the face, and maybe attachments for a bit as well. Seems rather large and heavy- maybe for a draft horse?

Closest picture I could find to what I think it would look like on a horse:

Sera 10-18-2012 02:03 PM

A caveson? For a draft horse? What are they used for?

Sera 10-18-2012 02:05 PM

Thank you, that does look like what it is. That seems like a lot of weight to be putting on a horses face.

equiniphile 10-18-2012 02:06 PM

I thought a cavesson, as well, for lunging.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome