Morgan Circuit Western Pleasure
So starting this Sunday, im going to start taking western lessons on a beautiful Morgan gelding. Then, the plan is for us to show Western Pleasure this summer. However, i used to be a strictly English rider, so the whole western pleasure world is new to me. I know that the Western Pleasure on the Morgan circuit is MUCH different then the Western Pleasure on the AQHA circuit. So, my question(s) are
1) What is the different between the circuits?
2) What is my "goal" on the Morgan circuit? (AQHA --> long and low)
3) General tips for switching from English to western
2. The goal on the Morgan shows is to have a loose rein (not as loose as in AQHA, but still relaxed) a slow, but somewhat flashy stride (so higher leg action than in a quarter horse, but not like a saddle horse)
3. when switching try to stay relaxed and remember to stay loose. In western (especially western pleasure) it should look like your just 'along for the ride'. But don't flop around like a fish! Also things like seat positioning at the canter and posting the trot. (I know a couple of morgans that their cue to canter is solely based on shifting your hands and cuing with your leg so when people shift their seats they do something completely different).
Good luck! :)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.