The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trailers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/)
-   -   Opinion on stud divider wanted (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/opinion-stud-divider-wanted-140942/)

WickedNag 10-19-2012 07:08 AM

Opinion on stud divider wanted

Opinion wanted... I have a 4 horse 4Star all aluminum trailer. The first stall has a stud divider and it always seems to get so much hotter in that spot than any of the other stalls in the trailer. I want to cut it off and just have a divider like the rest of them. Husband is thinking about what others would want if we ever sold it. It is not ever in my plan to get rid of my trailer. I love it and it pulls so easy. Oh and husband doesn't ride so he isn't pulling or using it. He just thinks that for resale it would really hurt.

faye 10-19-2012 09:40 AM

what do you mean stud divider?
this may be something lost accross the pond?

WickedNag 10-19-2012 10:13 AM

Faye here is a picture you can kind of see it in. I don't have any of it closed. Unlike the other dividers it goes to the floor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/IMG_8220.jpg

churumbeque 10-19-2012 10:26 AM

Do not cut it off. It is a valuable item and I would want one if purchasing it.
If anything buy a regular divider and switch it out.

churumbeque 10-19-2012 10:27 AM

I can't tell if you have roof vents. If not I would put some in.

peppersgirl 10-19-2012 10:31 AM

I personally don't see why taking it up would effect the value. Even with out the stud divider, they trailer is still going to be worth something..And honestly how many people out there absolutely need a stud divider in their trailer??

Left Hand Percherons 10-19-2012 10:38 AM

the pin placement should be identical on all the dividers. Swap the stud panel for the last one. You use the 4th stall the least plus you get better air flow in the back of the trailer. You can also buy a new divider from 4 star. As long as you have the divider cut down professionally and have it finished, you won't hurt the resale value.

I'm right there with you on 4 Stars being forever trailers.
Posted via Mobile Device

WickedNag 10-19-2012 10:44 AM

I have roof vents... this is a 4Star so those of you that know trailers knows this is a highly valued trailer. Their dividers are not interchangeable even within this trailer so I can't even move the stud divider to the last spot. The dividers are placed in the trailer and than welded in. Right now the trailer was valued at 4Star at $14,000. Maybe I should just call them and ask what it would do to the trailer's value. They are the ones who told me how much it is approximately worth.

WickedNag 10-19-2012 10:50 AM

4Star is not open on Fridays....will have to call Monday :(

churumbeque 10-19-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peppersgirl (Post 1724499)
I personally don't see why taking it up would effect the value. Even with out the stud divider, they trailer is still going to be worth something..And honestly how many people out there absolutely need a stud divider in their trailer??

It is an option that you pay extra for and it is very desirable. If you have camped with your trailer you would understand why it is desirable. We don't use it to keep our studs divided. LOL It is used for storage and keeping stuff from rolling into the horses and injuring them. Stuff like firewood, hay, grain, buckets, pitch forks and anything that will fit in there.
It might not devalue it but one that has the divider is more desirable.