The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Oppinions on Thoroughbred Pedigree Wanted (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/oppinions-thoroughbred-pedigree-wanted-140961/)

BlueSpark 10-19-2012 01:50 PM

Oppinions on Thoroughbred Pedigree Wanted

Would love to hear thoughts and oppinions on his breeding. I can tell you he has a ton of bone, great feet, is not spooky or high strung and is a dream to handle. He retired early from the track due to a sessamoid fracture.

here is his pedigree:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/luxembourg4

WSArabians 10-19-2012 03:13 PM

The only one I recognized was Northern Dancer. But I tend to shy away from TB's.
I do, however, like his great grandpas name, Nearctic. If I had a colt out of that stallion, I would have called it Neurotic. :-D

HollyLolly 10-19-2012 05:20 PM

Secretariat, always a good one to see. I recognise the Native lines too but they aren't as important as Secretariat was.

HollyLolly 10-19-2012 05:21 PM

Also recognise Sir Gaylord (but I've had a few tbs, and it could just be one of those names that stand out, I mean, you don't forget a name like that! :p )

Jore 10-19-2012 05:40 PM

I recognize the Sir Gaylord as well, only because my mare, Indie, has him in her pedigree as well. She's a Crafty Friend (Mr. Prospector, Native Dancer, etc on this side of the pedigree) x Ceridwen (Lord AviexCeltic Bronze).

I recommend just googling some of the names, I've found pretty neat stuff on my mare's close ancestors.

ETA: Also, if the horse is related to Lord Avie (through his dam) then they'd have similar bloodlines to Secretariat as they both date back to Nearco who is included of bloodlines of horses such as Northern Dancer, Secretariet, Ruffian, etc. :-)

Fulford15 10-19-2012 06:27 PM

Looks like our guys are related, distantly! lol! My guy was never on the track, he was born at a racing barn though, he came out and they instantly said "he can't race!" he's to big boned he's naturally hunter-built, which is funny with his blood-lines! Same thing though, he is a gentle guy, not high-strung what so ever:-)

Fulford Vosico Horse Pedigree

LostDragonflyWings 10-19-2012 07:40 PM

My new guy has Mr. Prospector (making his third great grandfather Count Fleet), Northern Dancer, Native Dancer, Raise A Native, and Nearctic too! And if I calculated correctly, his fifth great grandfather is Man O' War. Haha! :)

Country Woman 10-19-2012 08:11 PM

]I recongnize Secerartaiat and Native Dancer

ibobenn 10-20-2012 11:38 PM

His broodmare sire, Deputy Minister, was and still is a very influential stallion. His dam was bred by Bill Farish, owner of Lane's End Farm, which is one of the premier TB breeding farms in the world. His female line is very, very strong. Looks like his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th dams were all graded stakes-level horses, and it appears his dam never raced. I think its really awesome that your boy was third in the Withers, and that his picture on pedigreequery.com was taken by Barbara Livingston - she's an incredible photographer.