The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Jobs (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/)
-   -   Modelling (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/modelling-140966/)

HorseyGhirl97 10-19-2012 03:15 PM

Modelling

Can anyone give me any information about modelling with horses for catalogues and magazines, like how to get into that area of work etc as I have been told that I've to get into horse modelling, thanks.

MangoRoX87 10-19-2012 03:22 PM

Get with a photographer, get some nice head shots, then find a talent/modeling agency with a good reputation and tell them what you are interested in doing.

Look up meekakitty on YouTube. She used to be a model and has a whole bunch of videos that can help you:) probably search "meekakitty modeling"
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseyGhirl97 10-19-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoRoX87 (Post 1724758)
Get with a photographer, get some nice head shots, then find a talent/modeling agency with a good reputation and tell them what you are interested in doing.

Look up meekakitty on YouTube. She used to be a model and has a whole bunch of videos that can help you:) probably search "meekakitty modeling"
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank You:D

Speed Racer 10-19-2012 03:34 PM

There really isn't anything called 'horse modelling'. If you can get a modelling contract, you go where they tell you to and work with what you're given.

If you want to work exclusively with horses, modelling isn't the way to go.

HorseyGhirl97 10-19-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1724780)
There really isn't anything called 'horse modelling'. If you can get a modelling contract, you go where they tell you to and work with what you're given.

If you want to work exclusively with horses, modelling isn't the way to go.

My friend does horse modelling and it was him that told me to get into it. They model for horsey magazines and catalogues:lol:

COWCHICK77 10-19-2012 06:19 PM

50 Attachment(s)
Try CowDivas. They like to use girls that actually ride and try to get modeling jobs for them...or they used to anyhow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 10-19-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseyGhirl97 (Post 1724787)
My friend does horse modelling and it was him that told me to get into it. They model for horsey magazines and catalogues:lol:

If he's so knowledgeable about it, why hasn't he given you any leads? You'd think anyone who wants to encourage someone to do something they're already into would be able to give you information on it.

All the models I've ever seen in horse mags or even in mainstream advertising aren't equestrians. It's pretty obvious they're just there for the shoot, and have no clue what horses are all about.

twiz454 10-23-2012 01:48 PM

I do modeling in my free time. I got started using a Model Mayhem account to find photographers in my area. Most of the time photographers will work with your ideas, but if you are trying to have some kind of job as a horse catalog type model, you won't get one. Agencies send their models to wherever they are needed. There is no specific equestrian model.

DancingArabian 10-23-2012 02:12 PM

You need training and an agent. Specifically you need an agent with contacts to the horse mags who would be willing to allow you to limit yourself to only that line of work. You also need to be able to successfully land those jobs when you get sent for a casting call or whatever the term is.
Posted via Mobile Device