The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Just had to share my score for today (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/just-had-share-my-score-today-140994/)

DraftyAiresMum 10-19-2012 08:28 PM

Just had to share my score for today

I stopped by a yard sale when I went to let my mom's dog out to pee on my lunch break and scored big time. Brand new (chick said she used it maybe five times) IRH riding helmet for $5! I have a helmet, but I got it at Goodwill and I'm pretty sure it's been in a fall because it's all scuffed up. The girl assured me that the IRH had never been in a fall ever. It's a wee bit big on me, but I figure for winter I can wear a beanie under it and for summer, I can wear a bandana (which I like to do anyway, but my current helmet is a bit tight to wear one). Very excited! Now, just to find a western headstall for cheap...

Red Gate Farm 10-19-2012 08:35 PM

Nice find!

Oh by the way, my eyes skipped over a word while reading, and I was wondering why you wanted your mother's dog to pee on your lunch and score big time. :lol:

DraftyAiresMum 10-19-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Gate Farm (Post 1725142)
Oh by the way, my eyes skipped over a word while reading, and I was wondering why you wanted your mother's dog to pee on your lunch and score big time. :lol:

Thank you for making me giggle on an otherwise crappy day.

I have to work open to close today (8am to 7pm) and my mom, who was diagnosed with uterine cancer a few weeks ago and had surgery two weeks ago, was rushed down to Phoenix today with "complications" (my dad wouldn't elaborate when he called me), which is why I had to use my lunch break to let my mom's dog out.

tinyliny 10-19-2012 09:13 PM

The Giant Panda eats, shoots, and leaves.

The Giant Panda eats shoots and leaves.

Can you tell the difference?

She wanted the dog to pee on her lunch. Don't you just love English grammar.

Hope your mom gets all the care she needs and heals soon.