The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Does the Antares Spooner come in a forward flap? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/does-antares-spooner-come-forward-flap-141088/)

MySerenity 10-20-2012 09:58 PM

Does the Antares Spooner come in a forward flap?

I tried the Smartpak Demo of the Spooner and it fit my TB extremely well. I would love to buy it but my trainer and I think that I need a more forward flap. It's not horrible but if it comes in a forward flap I would rather get that. Smartpak has the different flap lengths but it doesn't say anything about a forward one. I've tried searching online but can't seem to find anything. The Antares website seems to say that it just comes in the standard flap so I am assuming that a forward one doesn't exist (it's their "stock" saddle so I understand if they don't make it).

Anyone know? I love it so much and I'm so impatient I don't want to wait until I can call someone when they are open!

Thanks!

bgood400 01-12-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySerenity (Post 1726285)
I tried the Smartpak Demo of the Spooner and it fit my TB extremely well. I would love to buy it but my trainer and I think that I need a more forward flap. It's not horrible but if it comes in a forward flap I would rather get that. Smartpak has the different flap lengths but it doesn't say anything about a forward one. I've tried searching online but can't seem to find anything. The Antares website seems to say that it just comes in the standard flap so I am assuming that a forward one doesn't exist (it's their "stock" saddle so I understand if they don't make it).

Anyone know? I love it so much and I'm so impatient I don't want to wait until I can call someone when they are open!

Thanks!

Did you end up buying the saddle? I am thinking about buying one myself.
Posted via Mobile Device

MySerenity 01-20-2013 07:43 PM

I did buy it. If it was a forward flap then I think it would be the perfect saddle for me. It helps me keep nice and balance, has good grip (almost too "grippy at times, lol) I've had it a couple of months now and it is wearing really well, still looks like new. I'v very happy with it.

Everyone at the barn has custom Antares but I just don't want/can't spend that much. It seems like they also hold their value very well because I tried to find a used one and the ones I did find were still over $2000 and I couldn't find very many.