The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Gangnam Style (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/gangnam-style-141128/)

The Northwest Cowgirl 10-21-2012 11:25 AM

Gangnam Style

What more do I say? :lol:
What do you guys think about this?? LOL!!!:shock:

For those who don't know:

Hahaha!

Red Gate Farm 10-21-2012 11:32 AM

Wow. Didn't know, and was blissfully ignorant.

not my style.

SouthernTrails 10-21-2012 11:39 AM

Needed a warning to not watch after eating a meal :lol:

Tianimalz 10-21-2012 11:41 AM

This is old internet news, I've seen 100 parodies already and the funny sites are just now letting go of it :P Of course, the media and public being so slow to catch on are just now thinking it's the "next big thing."

Heard it on my radio station this morning... people outside the internet community can be slow pokes :lol:

FlyGap 10-21-2012 11:59 AM

28 Attachment(s)
I'm still kind of at a loss as to what GANGNAM style is?
They do say "sexy laday"....
Is it granny horse riding?
A mix of interpretative dance, irish, asian, equestrian influence?
There was some roping in there.... A toilet scene.... I'm just not sure about this.

Tianimalz 10-21-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyGap (Post 1726628)
I'm still kind of at a loss as to what GANGNAM style is?
They do say "sexy laday"....
Is it granny horse riding?
A mix of interpretative dance, irish, asian, equestrian influence?
There was some roping in there.... A toilet scene.... I'm just not sure about this.

This is a product from South Korea, the crazy child of the world :lol: Pretty sure it's a song about picking up a chick.

waresbear 10-21-2012 01:16 PM

Whoop 'em Gangnam style! Gangnam is a region in Korea, I believe, heard something on the news about it. Anyways, my granddaughter loves this song and we dance to it, so hah!

MHFoundation Quarters 10-21-2012 01:20 PM

Lol Wares. My daughter likes to dance to this song too, the beat is dancey (is that a word?) I will give it that.

Personally, I find it obnoxious. One of those things that just grates my nerves and makes me twitchy lol!

The Northwest Cowgirl 10-21-2012 08:49 PM

It's very weird. :-P

As far as what it's about, here ya go: ""Gangnam Style" is a Korean neologism mainly associated with upscale fashion and lavish lifestyle associated with trendsetters in Seoul’s Gangnam district (강남), which is considered the most affluent part of the metropolitan area. In colloquial usage, it is comparable to the English slang terms “swag” or “yolo”." (Urbandictionary.com)

They compare it to Hollywood. The fancy cars, pools, women, and horses are all suppost to all be a part of a "fancy life style." It's very weird. :lol: The worst part is that this is not even the worst out there as far as K-pop (Korean Pop) goes!! :shock:

It's very popular here, it's on the radio constantly, everyone at my high school knows about it, and the cheerleaders even did a dance to it!!:oops:

I don't exactly understand what's so great about it, other that it is slightly entertaining...:lol: The first time I saw it, my reaction was basically: this is the DUMBEST thing I've ever seen. Ever.

Edit: oops, I just realized I misspelled it in the title! *blush*

MHFoundation Quarters 10-21-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Northwest Cowgirl (Post 1727199)
Edit: oops, I just realized I misspelled it in the title! *blush*

No you didn't :wink: Fixed it for you.