The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Fundraiser Ideas Needed! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/fundraiser-ideas-needed-141155/)

monkeyleap 10-21-2012 03:31 PM

Fundraiser Ideas Needed!

In the horse show this weekend, my IEA team is trying to come up with fundraising ideas. We were going to sell stick horses and have races, but the Dollar Tree was out online and in stores, and we don't have time to make them. We realllllllly need a good idea or two. Someone else is doing the food, so that one is out. Any ideas on a fun horsey-themed fund raiser that anyone- kids and adults-could participate in? I need it ASAP and the idea needs to be cheap!!

cakemom 10-21-2012 04:00 PM

We do a booth where you put paint on the horses mouth and let them "paint" a picture. You could also set up a boot shine stand.
Posted via Mobile Device

AshsStorm 10-21-2012 05:26 PM

If you're crafty, maybe you could make the stick horses.. Or perhaps you could look up some homemade horse treat recipes online and sell them at the show. You could also do some type of raffle for a big prize. See if a local tack shop would donate something (even a gift card) for the cause. We had a big car show 2 years ago for Breast Cancer Awareness and we sold T-Shirts, charged admission (not sure if you can do that), gave away trophies for best in class, and raffled off several things such as car cleaning kits, gift cards, TVs, game consoles, ETC.

I'll try to think of some other ideas as the day goes on.. I'm usually pretty good with fundraisers.

cakemom 10-21-2012 05:33 PM

You could also do a special costume class. I did that last year at a show. We did $10 admission and I made the ribbons myself. There are photos here if you search my posts.
Posted via Mobile Device

caseymyhorserocks 10-21-2012 09:29 PM

Decorate horseshoes! Put beads on wire and twist them around horseshoes, you can also spray paint horse shoes and put glue and glitter on them. Good luck!

AshsStorm 10-21-2012 10:34 PM

That's a good idea casey.. Raffles can really make a difference. I still think you should find a sponsor to donate something to raffle off. Let us know how it goes!

monkeyleap 10-22-2012 10:48 AM

I experimented with making a sock stickhorse... he is actually adorable, but we do not have time to make 40. I would do the thing with Jay and the painting, but he is needed for the costume class at the end. Also, there are already costume classes... We will see about the raffle too... Thanks for suggestions, but I'm open to more!

themacpack 10-22-2012 11:30 AM

How much space do you get to use and do you have an animal that would be okay being there for the day? Pony-plop Bingo is a great fundraiser. Basically you mark off "squares" in an area where you contain the horse/pony - each square is then sold to someone and it's a matter of waiting to see who's square the pony "plops" in. You do it as a 50/50 type raffle. You'd be surprised at how into waiting and watching a horse to poop people will get - it's easiest if you happen to have access to a mini just from a scale point of view of the containment system, etc.

FlyGap 10-22-2012 12:57 PM

28 Attachment(s)
Ok just brainstorming, not sure if these ideas would be affordable...
Set up a kid station:
Bob for apples with prizes, mark the apples. Prizes could just be a glow stick or bags of small things you could buy from Target in the dollar bin.
Make your own stick horse. Glue two different sized foam balls to a stick and let the kids decorate them, then do the race.
Face paint.

Do a feed sack race.

Cut tons of strips of nylon rope and put a nylon rope halter in a box to win.
$1 or more for a chance to grab the actual halter.

Sorry, trying to think of fast stuff for this weekend! Good luck and have fun!!

monkeyleap 10-22-2012 04:17 PM

I love the Pony-plop idea! I figured out how to make paper stick horses easily which kids could decorate... then we could still do "shows" such as jumping, barrels, dressage, etc... I also like the rope halter one!