The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   first show next weekend. critique please (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/first-show-next-weekend-critique-please-141221/)

amethystdreams 10-22-2012 09:43 AM

first show next weekend. critique please

3 Attachment(s)
I'm going to be in my first W/T Eq. class next weekend and I wanted to put up a few pictures. They aren't very good pics but hopefully someone can give me some critiques from them? What do I need to work on?
The lesson that day was actually the best i've had so far i think. I've only been riding 2 1/2 months.

Fulford15 10-22-2012 12:53 PM

I think your position is very nice for only 2 and a half months.
Only things I can see; Your leg is to far forward, you should have a nice solid line from your heel to your hip to your shoulder, to your ears. Tuck in your chin a bit. In the last picture, you are posting very high, post closer to the saddle, maybe lengthen your stirrup a hole or two since it looks like your hiked up a bit, you should only post that high if you are asking for say an extended trot. Good luck & keep up the good work!! :D

tinyliny 10-22-2012 01:35 PM

I agree with Fulford.

YOu have a really great start and will do well at the show.

Oxer 10-27-2012 10:15 PM

I think your stirrup length is actually pretty perfect. You're posting the way that everyone posts when they start. Awkwardly!
I can tell you to simply go with the flow of your horses motion, to post with your pelvis and not standing in your irons. But whatever anyone tells you, you will just have to work out with time and practice. Posting is tough. Hell, even sitting the trot properly is tough. The body mechanics necessary to do it correctly and comfortably takes time. I think you're on your way!