The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Potter's Ride (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/potters-ride-141239/)

huntfishnride 10-22-2012 02:30 PM

Potter's Ride

7 Attachment(s)
A buddy and I took the kids for a ride on Saturday. Already most of the leaves are gone and things are turning grey. We are supposed to have snow later this week. The kids had a blast. I have 5, 3 girls and 2 boys. My oldest is ten. They all ride pretty well except for the baby. It was fun to get them all up into the mtns on a real ride. They ride at home all the time but loved riding through streams and up high where there are no fences.

Painted Horse 10-22-2012 05:06 PM

Good for you, I stayed home and watched Football. ( as the game turned out, I should have gone for the ride instead).

We have a few more weekends of nice weather, But the time to head to Southern Utah for warmer rides is fast approaching.

themacpack 10-22-2012 05:09 PM

Beautiful!!!!!

Wallee 10-22-2012 05:35 PM

Awesome! Looked like a blast!

gunslinger 10-22-2012 05:58 PM

Oh man, and about the time I really start worrying about the state of families in the United States......you post this.....

Does my heart good and this is one post I really, really enjoyed.

What a great looking family.....you're truly blessed and one lucky man.

Thanks for posting.....happy trails!:D

alexis rose 10-22-2012 06:05 PM

Great pictures! I wish everybody in my family would get on a horse and enjoy a beautiful time like that.

QOS 10-22-2012 06:30 PM

that brought a smile to my face!!! Sounds like y'all had a great time. Love to see the kids out on horses. My kids are not fans. Must be something wrong with them!!!

Celeste 10-22-2012 06:48 PM

My son always used to love to ride if he was interested in a young lady that wanted to ride. It was much easier to get a positive response to "Would you like to ride horses with my mom and I?" than to "Would you go on a date with me?" I had a "girlfriend horse" that I kept shoes on just for that purpose. He has moved away and gained the confidence to find a special young lady without the horse trick, but it was nice to spend the time with him while it lasted.

It is great to see you spending time with your kids!!

tinyliny 10-22-2012 06:50 PM

HOw I wish my parents had been into horses and taken me for rides. But my dad used to take me backpacking, so I credit him with my love of the wild.

Painted Horse 10-22-2012 07:45 PM

All my daughters used that trick Celeste.

"It's not a date. We are just seeing if he is tough enough to ride and keep up" Problem is they grow up and leave and now I don't have riding buddies.

I do occassionally ride with some friends. Their kids stayed close to home and still ride with them, So now we see the Grandkids learning to ride.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...Babysitter.jpg