The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Breeding my mare- Naming issues (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/breeding-my-mare-naming-issues-141314/)

cowgirlup07 10-22-2012 10:39 PM

Breeding my mare- Naming issues

Ok,
I am in the process of booking my mare with the stud. I cant wait, according to genetics and the color calculator my color possibilies are 66.67% Buckskin or 33.33% Palomino. anyways on to the point of this thread... Here are the names I have picked but I can only put 6 on the AQHA application, which is so not fair lol. All are 20 letters or less.

Freckles Dusty Doc
Skips Dusty Doc
Skips Dusty Admiral
Skips Dusty Lena
Watch Admiral Skip
Poco Skipped Admiral
Skips Admiral Frost
Hollywoods Admiral
Admirals Frosty Skip
Lenas Admiral Frost
Frosty Doc Admiral
Triple Frosted Poco

If you didnt guess Im totally stoked that I found War Admiral on my mares pedigree!

Dreamcatcher Arabians 10-22-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirlup07 (Post 1728831)
Ok,
I am in the process of booking my mare with the stud. I cant wait, according to genetics and the color calculator my color possibilies are 66.67% Buckskin or 33.33% Palomino. anyways on to the point of this thread... Here are the names I have picked but I can only put 6 on the AQHA application, which is so not fair lol. All are 20 letters or less.

Freckles Dusty Doc
Skips Dusty Doc
Skips Dusty Admiral
Skips Dusty Lena
Watch Admiral Skip
Poco Skipped Admiral
Skips Admiral Frost
Hollywoods Admiral
Admirals Frosty Skip
Lenas Admiral Frost
Frosty Doc Admiral
Triple Frosted Poco

If you didnt guess Im totally stoked that I found War Admiral on my mares pedigree!

Old wive's tales say it's bad luck to name a foal before it's born. So keep the list but don't settle on anything.

cowgirlup07 10-22-2012 10:49 PM

Oh wow. Didnt know that, Im a firm believer in wives tales though so I will definately not settle on anything but eliminating down to the 6 choices for the registration. Thank you Dreamcatcher Arabians! :)

Dreamcatcher Arabians 10-22-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirlup07 (Post 1728853)
Oh wow. Didnt know that, Im a firm believer in wives tales though so I will definately not settle on anything but eliminating down to the 6 choices for the registration. Thank you Dreamcatcher Arabians! :)

:DYou're welcome! By the time my foals are born, I'll have a notebook full of possible names for each one. Then I end up naming them something completely different......never fails!

cowgirlup07 10-22-2012 11:11 PM

Ive so done that lol. Ive only bred my mares a handfull of times, raised 5 total, 1 out of 5 I actually purchased the mare when the foal was 3 days old so he doesnt really count. 2 registered and 3 grade. The registered colts turned out getting registered as IR Pistol Playboy and IR Impressive Pistol but I dont have that mare anymore, her foals were so easy to name! This one is a challenge bc whoever named this poor girl I think lost their ever lovin' minds.. This mare has a majoy attitude problem and I think its all over her papered name LOL "Baby Boo Dust" Its cute and all kinda but for one her size its just strange. Shes 16 + hh and a good 1300lbs or more. Can look her up on allbreedpedigree.com if ya want.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 10-23-2012 11:58 AM

LOL, the breeder did that to my stallion. He's Skip N My Assets, by Dun Up The Assets out of Ms Bucki Seal, who is by Classical Skipper. So! The breeder named him Skip N Seall. I could have lived with it, saw where it came from but then the breeder named a younger brother the same thing but with 1 L. Skin N Seal.......JEEEEZZZZ My guy is cremello the other one is palomino and not near as well made. I changed my Skip's name to more reflect dad & mom and left the other horse with the original name.

I think it was a good choice, we won everything at the first show I took him too, so LUCKY!

Foxhunter 10-23-2012 04:30 PM

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched!