The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   wanted: western saddle (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/wanted-western-saddle-141502/)

countrylove 10-24-2012 07:00 PM

wanted: western saddle

Hi. I just recently adopted a polish Arab named Comet. And we need some tack for our trail rides. I've been riding her in my bareback pad and halter. We do have access to saddles where I board but we want our own :D

I've been looking on craigslist and there are a ton but nothing quite what we want. It doesn't have to be super fancy but preferably still nice looking. I am a tiny person so a 15" seat is preferred.

Looking for matching breast collar and bridle to go with it. We don't plan on doing any major shows, just parades and the sort strictly for fun.

Thanks in advance :D

Curly_Horse_CMT 10-30-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrylove (Post 1731484)
Hi. I just recently adopted a polish Arab named Comet. And we need some tack for our trail rides. I've been riding her in my bareback pad and halter. We do have access to saddles where I board but we want our own :D

I've been looking on craigslist and there are a ton but nothing quite what we want. It doesn't have to be super fancy but preferably still nice looking. I am a tiny person so a 15" seat is preferred.

Looking for matching breast collar and bridle to go with it. We don't plan on doing any major shows, just parades and the sort strictly for fun.

Thanks in advance :D

This gal from the has some really nice saddles for sale, bighorn and Simco brands:

Posted via Mobile Device

edit...message me for info

Saddlebag 10-31-2012 09:29 PM

Use a wire placed on her withers, behind the shoulder blade and be sure it is precisely vertical. Press it to fit her shape. The carefully lay that on paper and trace the inside. You can use doubled and twisted solder wire or a metal coat hanger, not the flimsy ones from the cleaners. Google horsesaddleshop and on their site are three downloadable and printable diagrams that denote the three most common saddle sizes of semi qh, qh and wide with full instructions.

EquiiEquestrian 11-17-2012 07:31 PM

Hi there, I'm not sure if you're still looking for a saddle, but if you are here's mine for sale: Synthetic Western Saddle for sale
If you're interested, let me know :)

LilTuffGirl 11-17-2012 09:07 PM

Most arabs are hard to fit properly. Semi-QH bars or an actual arab saddle is probably what you'll need.
Mine has to go with a rounded skirt or it's all saddle and no horse!
But normally polish lines are a bit larger of a breed.