The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   insurance (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/insurance-141661/)

corbs24 10-26-2012 11:38 AM

insurance

Hi

i'm new on here but look forward to joining in giving and recieveing advice on the subject we all love :)

so as in the subject title i was wondering what insurance company people are most with and why you chose that company if possible, ive seen a few companies but thought the best way would be to ask

many thanks and blook forwrad to yuour replies :)

Tessa7707 10-26-2012 11:47 AM

Firstly, Welcome to the forum!! Glad to see you here! I actually posted this same question not too long ago and didn't get any replies, So looking forward to seeing if anyone replies now! I am with AgriRisk, a division of Markel. I called probably 15-20 insurance companies and they were by far the most helpful and informative. She told me all about the laws for my state as far as insurance was concerned, and was really patient with my questions. :)

corbs24 10-26-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tessa7707 (Post 1733631)
Firstly, Welcome to the forum!! Glad to see you here! I actually posted this same question not too long ago and didn't get any replies, So looking forward to seeing if anyone replies now! I am with AgriRisk, a division of Markel. I called probably 15-20 insurance companies and they were by far the most helpful and informative. She told me all about the laws for my state as far as insurance was concerned, and was really patient with my questions. :)

hi Tessa

Many thanks for your reply much appreciated i'll give them a call nearer the time, i just wanted some names as the ones ive had so far are quite expensive or so im told when i tell people what i was quoted

many thanks again :-)

Tessa7707 10-26-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corbs24 (Post 1733640)
hi Tessa

Many thanks for your reply much appreciated i'll give them a call nearer the time, i just wanted some names as the ones ive had so far are quite expensive or so im told when i tell people what i was quoted

many thanks again :-)

No problem! Sometimes that state you're in has minimums by law too. For example, in CA the min. for liability insurance is $695, no insurance company can legally charge anything less. That's one of the very informative things the lady at Markel told me.

tinyliny 10-26-2012 12:53 PM

Do you mean liability insurance for an instructor? For a property owner? or do you mean health or mortality insurance on a horse?

Tessa7707 10-26-2012 12:59 PM

Good point TinyLiny. I think most insurance companies that provide any type of equine insurance provide all types though? -with the exception of high-risk operations like guided trail rides. Correct me if I'm wrong?
I was just using liability insurance as an example of the state laws.

nrhareiner 10-27-2012 10:23 PM

There are many out there and most off the same the type of thing. Wilkins in the one most used by reiners. Most basic life polices offer colic riders. On average depending on the use of the horse it is 3% of the value of the horse with a min. (normally $5K) Then there is major medical, Breeding and so on.

Then most offer all types of farm coverage. Your best bet is to call and talk with them.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 10-27-2012 10:37 PM

I have everything through Jarvis Insurance. LOVE them!