The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Nutrition (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/)
-   -   Feed Survey (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/feed-survey-141667/)

ukmba2012 10-26-2012 12:56 PM

Feed Survey

Hey guys,

We are MBA students trying to do a survey on horse feed. The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete and all responses are completely anonymous. The information collected is strictly for our use in a project. We would really appreciate you taking the time to participate.

THANK YOU!!!

Survey Link:
https://uky.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3HRpKdrD24Jqxcp

Feel free to post additional comments/feedback in this thread. Any information is helpful!

Speed Racer 10-26-2012 01:13 PM

I took it. Kind of limited, and not sure why you're so focused on FL, since it's a University of KY study.

ukmba2012 10-26-2012 01:16 PM

It's for a comparison study. Thank you for participating!!

DrumRunner 10-26-2012 01:17 PM

I took it as well and thought the same thing as SpeedRacer..

walkinthewalk 10-26-2012 01:22 PM

I took the survey but here's my complaint about it:

No place for additional comments.

Mine would be, when are these major feed purveryors going to get off their duffs and start making a soy-free AND grain-free product?

If EquiPride and McCauley Feeds can do it, so can everyone else. I really don't want to hear the words "too expensive".

There's been an explosion of horses with metabolic issues yet none of these companys (including Triple Crown) choose to do what they really need to do and that is eliminate soy and grain/grain by-products.

They like to tout they make feeds for these types of horses but not when one reads the ingredients list --- that is IF the company has the courage to put their ingredients list on the bag.

The protein source for all these feeds is soy, unless the bag says "soy-free".

Those of us with metabolic horses are weary of trying to find something they can eat without having to stand at the stove and cook for them, so-to-speak.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 10-26-2012 01:23 PM

I live in a very horsey state and I'm constantly complaining that I've never seen such a limited, piss poor selection of feed and tack. I would LOVE to see a feed store with large variety and good show tack come to town.

ukmba2012 10-26-2012 01:24 PM

Could you please elaborate on limited? We tried to eliminate non-response by keeping the survey as brief as possible. Is there anything you felt as though the survey should be asking you?

Thanks again!

ukmba2012 10-26-2012 01:27 PM

This feedback is great! The survey is meant to measure numbers. We really appreciate all additional feedback being put into the thread.

DrumRunner 10-26-2012 01:28 PM

I would add a response section on what exactly different owners are looking for in a feed, what they aren't wanting in the feed, and what could be added. That's a big part of today's "feed" plan.. It's not a one bag fits all, there are very different horses out there that need very different things..There should be more a selection with different additives and ingredients in the feed.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 10-26-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukmba2012 (Post 1733760)
Could you please elaborate on limited? We tried to eliminate non-response by keeping the survey as brief as possible. Is there anything you felt as though the survey should be asking you?

Thanks again!

I have 4 feed stores within 5 miles of me. My feed choices are: Purina (we only got that in the last 3 years btw), Nutrena, Dumor and Stillwater Mill feeds. The mill has been VERY effective in keeping name brand feeds out of the city. Every single one of the other 3 feed stores is out in the county, just to give you an idea.

So, my choices are very limited as to what I can buy, have never heard of most of the feeds on your survey.