The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique AQHA Filly (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-aqha-filly-141814/)

howrsegirl123 10-28-2012 11:51 AM

Critique AQHA Filly

She's a 1 1/2 year old Quarter horse filly. Could you critique her movement and pedigree?

[World Show Sale Catalog] - Powered by PageTurnPro.com

howrsegirl123 10-28-2012 11:53 AM

The link at the bottom is to her pedigree and info on her sire and dam.

howrsegirl123 10-28-2012 11:53 AM

As a pleasure prospect.

Elana 10-28-2012 02:27 PM

She seems pretty nice.. and she seems to have that pretty, level, lope that the WP judges pin. You do see she is very sickle hocked? Other than that she is nice.

GotaDunQH 10-28-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howrsegirl123 (Post 1735467)
She's a 1 1/2 year old Quarter horse filly. Could you critique her movement and pedigree?
This Show Goes On - YouTube

[World Show Sale Catalog] - Powered by PageTurnPro.com

She's bred to be an HUS horse....top and bottom side of that pedigree. I think she has a ton of potential for HUS.

howrsegirl123 10-28-2012 09:44 PM

How much are horses at the World Show sale usually?
Posted via Mobile Device

howrsegirl123 10-29-2012 09:53 PM

Bumping

AnrewPL 10-29-2012 11:58 PM

Have no idea about her pedigree, barley glanced at it, getting a look at her told me what I needed to know. And as far as western pleasure, reigning, trail riding, saddle seat (whatever the hell that is, all I thought it was the seat in my saddle), or any other funky horse contest you can think of, well I have no idea either, much less what judges want to see. The only thing I have ever used horses for were working cow horses, and if you own that horse I am jealous and am sitting here trying to figuring out a way I can come to the U.S. to beg borrow or steal her off you. If you are planning to buy her and DON”T you need to be slapped. That’s a fine piece of horse right there.

howrsegirl123 10-30-2012 09:02 PM

Well, I have five horses on my property right now (two are my own) so I won't be buying her now...but I really like her! Just wanted to see what you guys thought of something like this...in the future I would like to buy a young pleasure prospect.

KeepCalmAndTrotOn 10-30-2012 10:35 PM

It's hard to tell that young, honestly. You can tell a lot about how a horse will turn out as an adult, but just like humans- a lot can happen. I really love her trot, I think it has a very nice consistency to it and a lot of free movement. She seems to have the making of a level head, which is good. Her sire seems to have produced some nice horses and he himself has a nice show record. But it takes two make a foal, so the sire is only half of it. And since the dam has no record and no performers to date, as it states. I would be a little skeptical, personally. But you never know. Other than that I think she seems like a nice filly.