The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   So anyone else ever thought of this?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/so-anyone-else-ever-thought-141855/)

poppy1356 10-28-2012 07:56 PM

So anyone else ever thought of this??

Building your own little compound. I mean at this point I am so fed up with people, I really want to buy a big chunk of land, have geothermal heating, grow/raise my own food and only wander out into public when I want to people watch.

The stupidity is overwhelming. It has become a disease or something and it spreads at an astounding rate.

COWCHICK77 10-28-2012 07:59 PM

50 Attachment(s)
You mean living off the grid?.....all the time :)

poppy1356 10-28-2012 08:00 PM

Haha yes. I mean I could keep a phone and such to talk to family but really.... humanity is disappointing lately.

SorrelHorse 10-28-2012 08:00 PM

Yep...Every day of my life people tell me I'm crazy but it sounds wonderful. I think I would suck at it though.

poppy1356 10-28-2012 08:02 PM

I think I could do it. Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

WSArabians 10-28-2012 08:26 PM

I have it all set up in my head, right in the Rocky Mountains. :-D

COWCHICK77 10-28-2012 08:33 PM

50 Attachment(s)
I can't wait to move home...2 hrs to a Wally World, have to drive down the road to phone service.
As soon as hubby and I got married we got sent to a cow camp with no power and no phone service. We loved it, we did everything by oil or kerosene lamp as far as light. We did have a propane stove and fridge all though small, but functional for necessity. We played alot of card games and listened to a radio station from town with a battery powered radio. Good times!

poppy1356 10-28-2012 08:43 PM

Haha. Well I'm thinking with the new "green energy" I can create I could have a regular house with kitchen and all that supports itself. Sounds pretty good to me. Especially while taking my three hour long anthropology test.
Posted via Mobile Device

littrella 10-28-2012 10:06 PM

oh hell do I ever! After watching "mountain men" & "Yukon men" on tv, I asked Hubby if we could do that. He wanted to when we were first married & I thought he was nuts. He just gave me "that look" & said, "you couldn't agree on this 17 years ago, we're not getting any younger". To just have to ability to hide from the rest of the world & not have to deal with other peoples drama, sounds like heaven to me!

poppy1356 10-28-2012 10:28 PM

I never had the desire to have my horses on my property because my bf is gone a lot for work and well that's a lot of work for one person especially when I have to work 40 hours a week to pay for my animals. But the longer I board and deal with the stupidity the more I don't care how much work it will take me I want peace and quiet.

Whatever happened to just minding your own business? Jeesh, I am so done with morons.