The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   update (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/update-141856/)

huntergrl 10-28-2012 07:01 PM

update

Last time I posted I had bought a small appaloosa back in June. Sadly, poor wages and a long commute to work along with other financial hardships brought us to sell most of everything we had. I hated to get rid of my horse again, I hate hate hate that. But I made the sacrifice and cut out things I didn't need.

Update...
Two long grueling months after we made all those sacrifices its like the rain stopped (literally because it did rain that long), the sun came out and finally I got the job of my dreams. We also moved to a cheaper,smaller house so we wouldn't have to be worrying about rent payments and being behind. So many good things have come to us and prayer helped.
Now, wanting to be a responsible horse person for the rest of my days I don't ever want to have to say goodbye to another horse ever again. Instead of jumping back in I am using several months to save save save and get the horse that I've always wanted. I have always loved warmbloods and I am taking the Dressage route, retiring myself as a jumper, hurts my knees.lol. This time, no green horses for me just a nice well trained dressage level 1. I am now starting the search and also looking into boarding barns. There are really good ones that are about 30 minute commute, and I really would like a nice boarding place. But I do hate to be that far away from my horse. I have always had a spur of the moment purchase when getting a horse and I've always had to train it. Not going that route this time so just wondering should I atleast visit the horse a couple weeks unannounced? Any kind tips are appreciated.
Thanks

OutOfTheLoop 10-28-2012 07:30 PM

I would wait to make sure your days stay sunny. I've been strugling with my horses for the past 5 years. I always find a way, but I always have in the back of my mind that there might be a time when I can't. Don't rush back into it because you can afford one now. Wait until you know you can afford the same one 10 years from now.
Posted via Mobile Device

huntergrl 10-29-2012 06:23 AM

Thanks for the advice. It certainly is hard these days.