The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Movies, Music, and TV (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/)
-   -   McLeod's Daughters (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/mcleods-daughters-141953/)

MyFillyAspen 10-29-2012 07:51 PM

McLeod's Daughters

4 Attachment(s)
Has anyone seen this show? There are eight series, and a total of 224 episodes :-P Im almost finished them :? Watched them right from the start on DVD. I really like the show, my friend's old horse Lucky, was sold to be in the show, and was filmed less than 30mins from me, and also in my town for some of the scenes! Just went for a drive recently and took a sneaky peek at the 'homestead' - Drovers Run.

So... anyone else seen it? :D
My faverouite characters are Stevie (Stephanie) Hall, who is played by Simmone Jade Mackinnon, and Alex Ryan, who is played by Aaron Jeffer(who I recently found out apparently used to go to the same place my swimming club and gym were at, which is only a 5min walk from home:shock:) .

Thought I would include some pics :wink: The first picture, is of "Alex" and my friends old horse (who was bred by her nan - also my friend)
Where they are in the car wash, washing the bull - that was actually filmed at my local car wash :lol:

Misty'sGirl 10-29-2012 09:14 PM

God I miss that show... I have watched it since I was 11/12, I'm now 21 and still watch the DVDs and wish it was still around... I MISS IT!! Claire was my favourite *avoid spoilers in case someone decides to watch it* and I fell in love with Riley in later seasons, but always loved Nick and Alex too ;) The horses were what drew me in as a kid, but as I got older I was addicted to all the romance, and the awesome plots.

MyFillyAspen 10-29-2012 09:21 PM

I know right!?! I can't believe almost watching all 224 epidsodes in a row..that it is going to end for me, and has already ended overall... Wish they would bring it back, maybe with the kids running Drovers!! Yeah Claire was awesome - literally BAWLED my eyes out when she died :lol:

Found a complete box set of the 8 series.... seller is being truly unhelpful... wants me to do the calculations on postage (hello i dont know how much the whole lot weighs, what box you would send it in..etc) and isnt offering any help - 'Just pop it in my account and i will send it'.... sounds a bit scammy to me.

Saskia 10-29-2012 11:48 PM

I never watched it.. but always heard it was good. Worth getting out on dvd?

I am in a kind of Australian drama mood.

MyFillyAspen 10-29-2012 11:53 PM

:shock: You.. you... GET IT :lol: Seriously.. its amazing :twisted: If you dont want to buy it, maybe rent it? :D

caseymyhorserocks 10-30-2012 12:12 AM

Its on instant on Netflix as well! I love that show.

Saskia 10-30-2012 04:11 AM

I have terrible internet. Can't watch anything online. I have 4GB a month :(

I'll see if they have them at the video shop.

Sometimes I get really sick of American and British shows, and its nice just to watch something from home.

MyFillyAspen 10-30-2012 04:19 AM

Trust me you will not regret hiring it if they have it - if anything you will find it HARD to stop watching it.. :smile:

ellygraceee 10-30-2012 05:23 AM

I used to watch it religiously when I was younger. It was one of the only shows that I absolutely could not miss. I bawled my eyes out when Claire died. I preferred it when it was more about the horses and the farm than the relationships. It got really annoying towards the final seasons. My favourite characters were Jodi, Moira and Meg.

Tracer 10-30-2012 06:28 AM

I used to adore it. I dropped off a little in the last season, and haven't gotten around to watching it. I prefer the first seasons with Claire, after I while it just became a little drab. I'm planning to watch it from start to finish soon though.

I adored Becky and Brick. Alex was my heartthrob right from the start.