The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   How did we all make out with Sandy? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/how-did-we-all-make-out-141998/)

NBEventer 10-30-2012 10:19 AM

How did we all make out with Sandy?

We still haven't gotten our share of the storm here. However I know the most of it is over and there have been some really heart breaking news stories. A woman in Toronto was killed by a Staples sign falling from the wind.

How are our HF members doing? Is everyone safe and dry? Are everyones animals okay?

franknbeans 10-30-2012 10:26 AM

Horses fine-they are in Central NY. Here in Va a mess, but water in the basement was all we had-not great, but feeling grateful. Lost power only briefly, and new sump pump working overtime.

NBEventer 10-30-2012 10:37 AM

Well you could just have an indoor swimming pool instead of pumping it all out lol. Glad to hear you and your family are safe.

I honestly don't know what we are going to get of it. It was calling for 100mm of rain and high winds. But that has changed and it keeps changing. So who knows what we will get.

wetrain17 10-30-2012 10:40 AM

Everything is fine here. Everyone survived. Trees down and flooding issues, but nothing too major.

QOS 10-30-2012 10:52 AM

Glad that the damage is minimal even though a basement full of water is a giant PITA I am sure.

NBEventer 10-30-2012 11:06 AM

I'm still awed by the fact there were sharks swimming down the streets in Atlantic City. I don't know if its true or not but i've seen a few pictures.

bmahosky13 10-30-2012 11:50 AM

We made it through ok here. North of us lost power but ours just flickered. I kept the horses in since Monday afternoon and they were happy to get out today for a little bit. It's still raining but the winds have calmed somewhat. I had a bit of water damage to my breezeway but nothing drastic. Just needs a little caulk around the chimney. Same for the window in the chicken coop.

mls 10-30-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBEventer (Post 1737703)
I'm still awed by the fact there were sharks swimming down the streets in Atlantic City. I don't know if its true or not but i've seen a few pictures.

False

snopes.com: Hurricane Sandy Photographs

NBEventer 10-30-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mls (Post 1737796)

Aww I am all bumed out now! lol. It makes sense that it was fake, because really, a shark wont be at your front porch. But it was kinda cool if it was real lol

Tianimalz 10-30-2012 01:25 PM

Brrr, we're just getting some REALLY cold rain, that mixed with the strong winds coming off of Sandy made me bust out the blankets a good month early O_O Poor horses were shivering like crazy.