The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Hard Choices..:/ (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/hard-choices-142033/)

barrelbeginner 10-30-2012 07:00 PM

Hard Choices..:/

There is a good chance that I am going to sell Camo.. My filly. She is a year old.. and some.. She isnt registered.. But I know that she is gonna be a great horse.. This is NOT an Ad. Im just kinda asking people.. near me.. Wyoming/ Northern Colorado.. If they Know anyone looking for a project to PM me. :( I KNOW Im not going to get alot of money for her. I dont care.. If I get 50$ for her.. as long as she goes to a great home..:/

Kinda sad that I have to sell her.. If I do.. I talked to me dad.. and He said that if I sell her that he might help me with Barrel racing because I will have more free time.. and more free money.. about 100$ a month Im saving on hay.. anyone else thing thats a good idea:/ To sell camo because I can go forward in barrel racing....

SO what hard choices have you guys had to make recently with horses? or just hard choices? thanks for reading this..:-(

CLaPorte432 10-30-2012 07:53 PM

893 Attachment(s)
We sometimes have to make hard choices to get where we want to be in life.

I sold a wonderful horse, my first barrel horse, because he just wasnt fast enough to really compete. I moved to a POA that was phenomenal and really stepped me up to the next level. He was just what i needed and wanted.

Selling Camo would open up new doors for you. If she goes to a good home, what have you got to lose?
Posted via Mobile Device

Spotted 10-30-2012 08:16 PM

I had to sell my first horse when I was 16, because I couldn`t afford the board bill. I was working it off, but couldn`t keep up. I still kick myself, but I know he went to a good home and was loved just as much as I loved him. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It helps when you can keep in touch.
I have kept in touch with previous owners of my horses ( the ones who wanted to )and they are very grateful for that. Maybe your buyer will do the same.