The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   My mare's mane/tail/weight/muscle improvement! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/my-mares-mane-tail-weight-muscle-142053/)

HorseCrazyTeen 10-30-2012 10:14 PM

My mare's mane/tail/weight/muscle improvement!

4 Attachment(s)
Just gotta show her off! lol

Here she is when I got her; underweight, wormy, undermuscled, and NOT well trained. Her tail was pathetic.

Attachment 116779

Here she is about a year ago. She gained loads of weight (too much actually!), got some muscle tone, and was far, far healthier all the way around. She still was hard to ride and had a serious attitude when learning something new, but there was a big improvement. (Oopsie, I had the saddle way to far forward). :oops:

Attachment 116780

And here she is now! Had her lose a couple hundred pounds, got more muscle tone, and her hair grew. Her mane is now 30 inches long, her tail is 49 inches long, and her forelock is 18 inches long! All I did was put leave-in conditioner in it all the time and brush it out often with a Grooma rake. She is pretty fun to ride now and is finally learning to learn! Still not very novice tolerant though. She will always test new riders!

Attachment 116781

Attachment 116782

Cowgirls Boots 10-30-2012 10:18 PM

125 Attachment(s)
In the first pixs are her legs muddy?
Posted via Mobile Device

Spotted 10-30-2012 10:26 PM

Beautiful ! how old was she in the first picture, she looks very young.

HorseCrazyTeen 10-30-2012 10:50 PM

Yes. The weather had been so incredibly rainy and muddy that her socks and stockings were barely noticeable. There was nothing anyone could do about it then!

Thank you, Spotted! She was actually not that young; she was seven. She's almost ten now.

Spotted 10-30-2012 11:04 PM

oh wow, she really filled out then :)