The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What would you think? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-would-you-think-142083/)

Showjumper1289 10-31-2012 08:55 AM

What would you think?

Ok my friend and I were at a big jumper show and she gave her horse a can of red bull before there jump off round which mad him go crazy.But she did end up winning but looked like she was holding on for her life.her time was 37.34 seconds for a 13 jump course

wetrain17 10-31-2012 09:05 AM

I think its very unethical and irresponsible. Your friend did not put your horse's health and saftey first, as should be the case. Your friend put everyone at risk. I would be very P.O. if I was your friend's trainer.

Showjumper1289 10-31-2012 09:25 AM

i know i was mad to i got second place without doing thoose things her horse is already really hot and the red bull made him more crazy he just came off the track six months ago

Inga 10-31-2012 09:33 AM

I think it shows a blatant disregard for the horse's health. Shame on her. Personally, I would have a difficult time being friends with anyone that did something like that to an animal.

themacpack 10-31-2012 09:41 AM

Honestly, it's not even about whether you came in second, how I placed would be the furthest thing from my mind. Did you alert your trainer to the situation, officials at the show? Is the horse she uses one she owns outright or a horse she is using through the barn you both ride out of?

Showjumper1289 10-31-2012 09:48 AM

she rides with another trainor and even though it was a big show none of the horses get tested or anything like that even if i told the show officials it would be no use they woudent care.and she does own the horse i ride him to hes a nice horse and amazing jumper.but she is a nice person but can be really stupid
Posted via Mobile Device

wetrain17 10-31-2012 10:55 AM

I have a feeling your "friend" will be doing this again.

AlexS 10-31-2012 12:54 PM

I would have reported her to both show officials and the trainer. I'd also get another friend, and have no contact with her again.

Muppetgirl 10-31-2012 01:10 PM

Good grief! I wish I could drink a can of Red Bull and get that effect! Seems to do nothing to me!!!

But on a serious note......stupid is as is stupid does.......I'd distance myself from any association with this person.....her behaviour will reflect upon you.......

One day she won't be able to use her tricks and she will be shown up for the dink she is......

DancingArabian 10-31-2012 01:30 PM

Lets hope the horse doesn't suffer any ill effects from it. They're not meant to consume the stuff that's in there.
Posted via Mobile Device