The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Western boot suggestions, please? (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/western-boot-suggestions-please-142105/)

EquineCookies 10-31-2012 04:01 PM

Western boot suggestions, please?

I have recently decided to join the western side... I took a few western pleasure lessons and I love it. I want to invest in a pair of western boots now :D My paddock boots will do just fine for now, but if I end up wanting to show WP, they won't get me anywhere.

I would like something that is good quality and will last me a while (the obvious), comfortable to ride in, nice enough to show in at breed and open level, sturdy enough for walking on trails (in that moment where your horse comes up lame), all in a fairly low price range. I don't need anything fancy, just functional and looks nice enough to show in. Any suggestions are appreciated :)
Posted via Mobile Device

ruxpinsam 10-31-2012 08:26 PM

Ariats! I have a pair of their j-toe boots and they are the most comfortable boots ever! Come in great colours and styles.
Posted via Mobile Device

OutOfTheLoop 11-01-2012 10:10 AM

I had a pair of Ariat lace ups that lasted me 10 years. Great boots. I wasn't impressed with the Justins I bought to replacethem, and now have a pair of Tony Lamas that I love.
Posted via Mobile Device

Adam 11-01-2012 10:34 AM

Dedicated 'purty show boots? Nocona.
Boots you can show in, and also wear around the barn? Double H.

tim62988 11-01-2012 10:42 AM

the first cowboy boots I bought were double H, inexpensive look nice and comfortable

the boots I love the most...Ariat Ironside H20
the ATS footbed is very nice, and they are waterproof which is something my double H's are not

BarrelracingArabian 11-01-2012 10:47 AM

I like ariats and justins. I only wore ariats once but they are really comfy amd my justins were comfy from day one but it really is preference.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ink 11-01-2012 11:09 AM

I've had my Ariats for over 10 years now and they're still going strong. I also have a pair of Justin boots that I show in, but they aren't nearly as comfortable.

EquineCookies 11-01-2012 03:49 PM

Hmm, Ariats look pretty popular! Will probably end up going with those, also will look into Justins as well. Thanks everyone :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Corporal 11-01-2012 03:54 PM

Take it from me, buy both a good show pair and a cheap pair (leather). I've kept my Cav boots going for 10 years now bc I DON'T clean stalls or school in them. Every year or so I buy a new pair of cheap, leather Farm and Fleet boots (always buy on sale!), and I try not to clean the barn with them. They still wear out bc I prefer them to the freebie sneakers used for mucking, etc.

steedaunh32 11-10-2012 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For everyday riding, I ride in (and swear by) these - Ariat Endurance. I don't show but I have a flashy pair of Justins. Not nearly as comfy but they're my going out boots.