The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Pleasure (http://www.horseforum.com/western-pleasure/)
-   -   Al Dunning/Dana Hokana's Beyond Western Pleasure (http://www.horseforum.com/western-pleasure/al-dunning-dana-hokanas-beyond-western-142166/)

Lopin N Paint 11-01-2012 08:51 AM

Al Dunning/Dana Hokana's Beyond Western Pleasure

Anyone own Al Dunning/Dana Hokana's Beyond Western Pleasure?

I watched some of it on RFD-TV this morning and I liked what I saw. Horses seemed relaxed, forward, and happy to do the exersices.

I think I'm going to order it... I was just looking for some more opinions.

I'm 7 months pregnant (haven't been on a horse since I found out) and my horse Otto (who has been in training for the last 3 months) was just ill with a cold and diagnosed with a Vitamin E Deficiency and I was told he cannot return back to training until after thanksgiving so I'm looking for things to do/watch. :wink:
Thankfully my trainer is keeping Otto at her place even though we cannot work with him... so we should be good to go yet by mid spring, when I can return to riding/training!

GotaDunQH 11-02-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lopin N Paint (Post 1739919)
Anyone own Al Dunning/Dana Hokana's Beyond Western Pleasure?

I watched some of it on RFD-TV this morning and I liked what I saw. Horses seemed relaxed, forward, and happy to do the exersices.

I think I'm going to order it... I was just looking for some more opinions.

I'm 7 months pregnant (haven't been on a horse since I found out) and my horse Otto (who has been in training for the last 3 months) was just ill with a cold and diagnosed with a Vitamin E Deficiency and I was told he cannot return back to training until after thanksgiving so I'm looking for things to do/watch. :wink:
Thankfully my trainer is keeping Otto at her place even though we cannot work with him... so we should be good to go yet by mid spring, when I can return to riding/training!

Both are good trainers (I met Al Dunning a few years back) and both are current with what is happening today in the horse industry.

equiniphile 11-02-2012 12:22 PM

Agreed, both are excellent trainers. AD has a free series on HRTV, if you get that channel. I would highly recommend his videos.