The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   I am so excited! Being given an amazing opportunity! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/i-am-so-excited-being-given-142234/)

BurningAmber520 11-01-2012 10:11 PM

I am so excited! Being given an amazing opportunity!

Throughout my life my mom has always told me "Don't burn your bridges" Keep things positive with people you meet because you never know if they will be able to help you down the road, and she was very right! A couple of days ago I was talking to the lady that I gave my old gelding, Liberty (anyone remember him?), to a couple years ago. We keep in touch so I can see how he's doing. Any way, she has horses and runs a small boarding/lesson farm, and I asked her if she was looking for any help, she told me she would let me know. Yesterday she messaged me and asked me if I would be interested in being her intern at the animal rescue that she also works for. She is the Medical head at the rescue, and I will be her intern, and since I am a vet tech student this will be fabulous for my future!

She said it will be very very hands on working with the animals, and that I'm going to learn a whole lot that I would never get in a classroom!

The rescue is called Catskill Animal Sanctuary, and is located in Saugerties, NY, about 5 minutes from my apartment actually (It's like it was meant to be!) It's a rescue for farm animals, so they have horses, cows, chickens, goats, sheep, pigs, etc.

If any of y'all wanna check it out, here's the website! Catskill Animal Sanctuary | Home

My first day is Sunday! I can't wait!

Spotted 11-01-2012 10:19 PM

Oh Nice! congrats! Enjoy learning :)

Golden Horse 11-01-2012 10:36 PM

Sounds awesome, congrats

Foxhunter 11-02-2012 06:06 PM

Mothers are usually right!

Well done, it should be interesting for you and hands on learning is way better than in a classroom.

Corporal 11-02-2012 06:09 PM

Great timing! Congratulations!