The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Absurd snacks (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/absurd-snacks-142275/)

mystikal222 11-02-2012 08:41 AM

Absurd snacks

What kind of crazy stuff does your horse like? What kind of weird stuff have you concocted for them?
We found out last winter that Salem likes coffee :shock: I bring it out to the barn in a poweraid bottle and he was lipping at the rim one day after I took a drink. I tipped it back and sloshed coffee in his mouth thinking he would learn to keep his mouth off the bottle, instead he smacked his lips and came back for more! I asked my vet about it, showed her about how much I would give him n she said it should be fine. So now I bring a little cup with me so I can pour him a bit and he drinks right out of the cup :lol:

I also made him "sushi" one time with long paper thin carrot slices rolled around oats with melted marshmellow mixed in them to hold them together. He could only have two but he made the funniest face :lol:

Saranda 11-02-2012 09:00 AM

I stick to my horses diet and don't really give him anything else - their digestion can be incredibly sensitive and I see no reason to give him anything with artifical ingredients too often. So his snacks are just low-sugar and low-starch horse treats with no artifical components and some fruits/vegetables he prefers.

Although he once managed to steal some oatmeal cookies and loved them. :)

MysterySparrow 11-02-2012 09:13 AM

My filly stole my white wine one time and will regularly steal my fiance's beer given the chance. Seriously, if it is in a people cup, she wants to try it. She hates apples, which I find kinda funny.

BarrelracingArabian 11-02-2012 10:17 AM

The arab i used to ride loved skittles and french fries lol and an old friend of mines gelding liked tea. Also knew a mare that loved cantaloupe and one who liked powdered donuts lol. My very first horse liked beer and Popsicles haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lexiie 11-02-2012 10:35 AM

Well, he's not mine, but there's a pony at my barn and he will eat ANYTHING.

Let's see..

Hotdogs
bread
pizza
any kind of candy
fruit snacks
banana peels
soda
cheese
crackers
chocolate

I've actually seen him trying to get into the back of a van to get more food.
Very naughty pony!

MangoRoX87 11-02-2012 11:14 AM

Rosie likes:
Sugar cookies
Strawberry poptarts
Vanilla Oreos
Peaches

Sassy likes:
Cat food
Budweiser
Whatever you are eating
Posted via Mobile Device

WickedNag 11-02-2012 11:16 AM

My daughter's old horse loved pop tarts! My best friend has two mini that love diet coke!

Crescent 11-02-2012 11:44 AM

my guy loves twizlers which works out great as I hate them! he also likes orange soda and bread!

Samstead 11-02-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysterySparrow (Post 1741254)
My filly stole my white wine one time and will regularly steal my fiance's beer given the chance. Seriously, if it is in a people cup, she wants to try it. She hates apples, which I find kinda funny.

I think your filly might have a drinking problem...

CLaPorte432 11-02-2012 02:05 PM

893 Attachment(s)
Ritz Crackers and Spicy Doritos.
Posted via Mobile Device