The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Parenting (http://www.horseforum.com/parenting/)
-   -   I miss my son today:) (http://www.horseforum.com/parenting/i-miss-my-son-today-142283/)

WickedNag 11-02-2012 11:32 AM

I miss my son today:)

So my son, who is 31, comes over every morning for coffee. Today he had a few stops he had to make before going to work so he called and told me he wouldn't be here today. I missed having him here this morning and hearing the "love you mom" when it was time to go.

So glad that 5 days a week I get to here my 31 year old say love you... what a blessing it is :)

mtngrl7500 11-05-2012 12:00 AM

I would love to be able to drop in on my mom and dad daily...or even to just call them up and say "hey, meet me for lunch!". Sadly, I moved away and I do miss them terribly. I'm glad that I'll be up to visit them soon for two solid weeks, I can't wait!

FlyGap 11-05-2012 01:16 PM

28 Attachment(s)
Oh you guys are so lucky, glad he makes the time to stop in! You musta done something right!

I used to vist my grandparents every other day, lived with them for a while too. My Papa would wake me up in the mornings by peeking in the door and holding up two fingers and whisper "two...?" Then he'd go fry me up two dunky eggs! He calls me almost every day, and if he doesn't I call him and give him heck!

Whole family came down to visit ME yesterday! Took them for a Ranger ride to look at the leaves, I miss them so much! I make a trip up there every other week but it's not enough! Grammy AND my mom slipped me a few $20's like I was 16 again! I'm 32 and doing JUST fine but it warmed my heart that they wanted to treat me to something special! I miss them sooooo much!

Hug your boy for us! I tell my kid she still isn't too old for me to tie her in a feed sack and toss her in the river, LOL!

texasgal 11-05-2012 01:57 PM

That's nice. I live 1100 miles from my aging parents..

I call them every day .. usually twice a day.

Good morning, I love you.

Good night, I love you .....

Don't know what I'll do when I can't ..........

Maple 11-05-2012 02:12 PM

146 Attachment(s)
It's nice to hear you have such an amazing relationship with him. I hope some day my little people feel the same about me.

I took this week as a holiday to spend some time at home with them. I find it hard working full time, I get home in the evening, feed them and it's abotu bed time. I've really enjoyed having all day with him, and getting to do homework with her and do the school run. Today was my first time going to her class and seeing her teacher!

iridehorses 11-05-2012 02:25 PM

As my kids got older (and we too), we grew further apart - geographically. My wife and I moved south while son #1 moved to Boston and son #2 is in Manhattan. Fortunately our daughter lives locally (back at home). This Christmas will be the first time in 6 years that we will all be together.

I miss the times when they would stop by with their friends for a cup of coffee (we lived in Bucks Cty, PA then).

whispering willow 11-05-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedNag (Post 1741355)
So my son, who is 31, comes over every morning for coffee. Today he had a few stops he had to make before going to work so he called and told me he wouldn't be here today. I missed having him here this morning and hearing the "love you mom" when it was time to go.

So glad that 5 days a week I get to here my 31 year old say love you... what a blessing it is :)

OMG thats soooo cute!

WickedNag 11-05-2012 10:44 PM

I wish you all could see your children more. My son has always told hims wife... we can go where ever we want in this world, my mom will just pack up and follow us :)

iridehorses 11-06-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedNag (Post 1745910)
I wish you all could see your children more. My son has always told hims wife... we can go where ever we want in this world, my mom will just pack up and follow us :)

Some will see that as a threat (LOL).!

WickedNag 11-06-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridehorses (Post 1746207)
Some will see that as a threat (LOL).!

You are right there :) Makes me wonder just how he meant it now lol... not really we have a great relationship. I am lucky to have two wonderful kids!

I tease my 16 year old all the time about where we are going to college and I wonder if her roommate will like me as the dorm mother. :lol: I will truly miss that child when she is gone... I was 40 when I had her and she is the best daughter any mom could ask for!