The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Showing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/showing-142302/)

horselover77 11-02-2012 04:04 PM

Showing

Hello.
I love showing. Not as much as i do riding in general (nothing can top it) but every day before the show i always feel like im forgetting to do something or not doing at all...
Can you tell what to do before a show?

Thanks,
horselover77

KeepCalmAndTrotOn 11-02-2012 07:23 PM

What discipline(s) do you ride?

horselover77 11-02-2012 07:30 PM

I ride english: flatwork and english: pleasure, equitation, horsemanship, showmanship, halter, ect.....and sometimes costume.......correction ALWAYS costume (basicly like local shows) i love costume....
:) is there anything else i should be doing???

horselover77 11-03-2012 11:19 AM

sorry ment to say western pleasure and ect...... :$
but if anybody has any tips to give me about showing and what not to do please tell....

thanks
horselover77

GoAppendix 11-03-2012 11:34 AM

You'll get much better advice if you ask specific questions.

DancingArabian 11-03-2012 11:44 AM

If you feel like you're missing things, or actually missing them, take some time on a day you're at the barn but not riding (like a rainy day), and make a list of all the things you will need to pack for a show. Save the list on your computer. Print out a new copy every time you have a show and check things off as you pack them.

If you show in many shows all around the same time as each other, keep logs of each show that keep track of your paperwork. Put the name of the show at the top of the page, list the classes you want to enter, and keep a tally of all the fees for that show, when you sent off paperwork and of your times.

On a different page, keep track of the classes you're entering so you know if you need to work on specific aspects more.

That's all I could think of without specific questions.

DraftyAiresMum 11-03-2012 11:50 AM

If you use your smartphone a lot, there's an app called Evernote that I find EXTREMELY helpful. You can create lists and even checklists that you can mark stuff off and update. Cool thing is that the app will sync between your phone, your computer and the Internet automatically. Makes it easy to remember things and keep track of what you need to do or bring. Then you can do as DancingArabian suggested, just you won't have to have papers all over the place.
Posted via Mobile Device

huntergrl 11-04-2012 06:47 PM

I always always get that feeling, its called anxious (anxiety related).lol. Its just because of excitement and a little worry. I used to forget alot of stuff but making lists early in the week really helps me. I use my smartphone alot it has a calendar on it with to-do notes and alerts me. I can make checklists.