The Horse Forum banner

Introducing Elektra & Naudia

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  MahRajah 
#1 ·
September 29th I had to say goodbye to my best friend of 8 years because of a strangulating lipoma & her age/heart murmur making surgery not an option.
After 8 years of spending most of my time with Satin & mainly just riding her I have always had a problem riding another horse. It just always made me feel like a beginner & is if the only place I belonged was on Satin. It will be hard to "move on" but after checking out a few horses I made the choice to bring home these 2.
I still felt like a beginner on Elektra, but she gave me that feeling that she'd take care of me & we could develop a bond.
I have very little "english skills" but she put up with me today. Luckily she does have western training so I'll be able to adjust to her in a more familiar seat before
playing around in English.
Another thing, my absolute worst fear is cantering in a circle (accident in the past) & she has such a smooth slow collected lope that
I was able to canter a circle as comfortably as walking.. first time cantering in an english saddle at that.. I feel proud haha.
So I see a lot of hope as far as being happy riding again. Her only issue so far is she does seem a little nervous/spooky at times but I haven't seen her refuse anything yet.

Elektra is a DS Major Afire daughter (by Afire Bey V) & out of a Huckleberry Bey daughter/padron grand daughter who has done well in the show ring herself Evalina V
I don't want to leave the filly out.. I'm really excited about her as well but I have to fight over her with my Mom & now my boyfriend too.

She is 2. Not registered yet, but we plan to get that done as soon as possible. So far we are planning to register her under "AA Naudi Afire".
Her sire is Chances Millinium who is a champion in halter, wp, hunt seat & is now producing champions.

Anyway... cookies if you read that all. Now what I believe everyone really wants to see... pictures!
Elektra is in purple halter Naudia is in the yellowish halter

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.