The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Homozygous APHA Stallions (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/homozygous-apha-stallions-142468/)

MyLittlePonies 11-04-2012 03:39 PM

Homozygous APHA Stallions

Does anyone know of any homozygous tobiano, overo, or tovero APHA western pleasure stallions that are not sorrel/chestnut? I'm trying to find one with Invitatation Only in the pedigree.
Posted via Mobile Device

MyLittlePonies 11-04-2012 04:50 PM

I suppose it doesn't have to be homozygous. I just don't want a SPB Sorrel foal. For homozygous I have found "Invite The Artist" so far. Otherwise his sire "Special Invitation is on my list beside not being homozygous.
Posted via Mobile Device

MyLittlePonies 11-04-2012 04:52 PM

Sorry! Spelled the name wrong. It's Invitation Only. I'm looking for the in the stallion's pedigree.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiilaa 11-04-2012 04:56 PM

Even receiving white patterning genes is no guarantee that the foal will have any sort of visual expression, they could have no white at all or just "normal" white that doesn't meet APHA's dictated demands.

MyLittlePonies 11-04-2012 05:02 PM

I realize there is a chance it could end up as a SPB, but if I can find a stallion that might give me some pattern that would be great. So far, I'm not having much luck even finding what I want as of yet. I'm in no hurry to find it, but it seems like most IO stallions are sorrel paint or quarter.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ink 11-04-2012 05:40 PM

He Thinks He's Special is a nice bay tobiano stallion with Invitation Only breeding: He Thinks Hes Special
He's got a live color foal guarantee, so if you happen to end up with a solid baby, you at least get your money back. And I don't know where you're from, but he's standing in KY so if the mare is bred and foals there your baby would be eligible for the KY breeder incentive fund.

Spotted 11-04-2012 05:50 PM

Are you looking for Homozygous black as well?

Ink 11-04-2012 05:55 PM

Lots more pictures on his facebook page: He Thinks Hes Special | Facebook

MyLittlePonies 11-04-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spotted (Post 1744156)
Are you looking for Homozygous black as well?

He doesn't have to be homozygous black, but it would be nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

MyLittlePonies 11-04-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ink (Post 1744147)
He Thinks He's Special is a nice bay tobiano stallion with Invitation Only breeding: He Thinks Hes Special
He's got a live color foal guarantee, so if you happen to end up with a solid baby, you at least get your money back. And I don't know where you're from, but he's standing in KY so if the mare is bred and foals there your baby would be eligible for the KY breeder incentive fund.

Thank you for the info! I will have to look him up. I'm not too far from him at all.
Posted via Mobile Device