The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   please critique jumping video ! [audition video] (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/please-critique-jumping-video-%5Baudition-video%5D-142487/)

gypsygirl 11-04-2012 06:37 PM

please critique jumping video ! [audition video]

this video is for a clinic audition. i do have more footage but these were two good courses (plus one extra line)

please let me know what you think about horse and rider and if you think it is a good audition video, showing confidence at 3'3".

thank you thank you thank you !

ps - does anyone think the cropping is weird on the video ?

Oxer 11-05-2012 02:32 AM

i love the beginning in the indoor. The cropping does lop your head off in a couple frames... but nothing that i think matters or take away from the video.
In the indoor you are ON POINT. All your distances are perfect and she's listening and going nicely. I'm not in love with your outdoor jumping, but only because i feel like she begins to build and build and starts to take you for a drag. She rushes a couple strides out and is rushy through the lines. But either way, i think it all showcases her athleticism, and your lovely riding.

Klassic Superstar 11-05-2012 02:44 AM

All I have to critique is keeping a steady balanced canter but forward and peered up from the hind up to the jumps, between jumps and not getting before the horse a couple strides before the jumps, stay up with your chest too!
Looks great!
I'm so jealous!

gypsygirl 11-05-2012 07:57 AM

thanks guys ! she really is enjoying jumping some higher stuff =]

im thinking of taking out the last line in the full course outside. its a long 5 stride and if you notice she only put four strides in =/ in the last line she gets the striding correct and is under control !

i loved her inside, she was very good after about 20 minutes of landing off the jumps and squealing lol

Because this is an audition video i dont think she has to be 100% perfect but she does have to be really good. do you think this is a good video for that ??

pepperduck 11-05-2012 12:16 PM

This is a great video for an audition video. It shows that both you and your horse and confident and comfortable with the height and with each other, and shows that you still have things to work on. If I would running a clinic I would think you would be the perfect client, clearly showing a high skill level, with want to learn more and improve your skill

gypsygirl 11-05-2012 12:47 PM

thank you !

i really hope we get in, its a clinic with Jimmy Wofford at the midwest horse fair so its a pretty big deal

updownrider 11-05-2012 03:25 PM

In your outdoor riding, up and down the hills, you rode accurately to the jumps. On some of the downhill jumps you had to sit up and make your mare wait when she didn't want to wait, and you demonstrated some very very good riding. You were very good both indoor and out, but I loved the way you rode the hills. Good luck and I hope you get a slot in the clinic!

gypsygirl 11-06-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by updownrider (Post 1745420)
In your outdoor riding, up and down the hills, you rode accurately to the jumps. On some of the downhill jumps you had to sit up and make your mare wait when she didn't want to wait, and you demonstrated some very very good riding. You were very good both indoor and out, but I loved the way you rode the hills. Good luck and I hope you get a slot in the clinic!

thank you for you nice words =] i hope i get in too !!

do you event ?

updownrider 11-07-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsygirl (Post 1746567)
thank you for you nice words =] i hope i get in too !!

do you event ?

Not in a long time! I'm more involved in show jumping.

gypsygirl 11-07-2012 04:03 PM

thats cool though.
what level do you compete at ?
i used to do a lot of hunters and still do from time to time. i would love to do jumpers but gypsy jumps pretty round so im not sure she would be competitive =P