The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   The weather here... (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/weather-here-142786/)

Spotted 11-07-2012 02:49 PM

The weather here...

:-(http://www.horseforum.com/members/37278/album/horses-4831/november-2012-34112.jpg

Well this is what I have to look forward to for the next 6 months. The snow is already almost up to my knees and still falling. We have warnings of heavy snow fall today. 25cm still to come...Not looking good. Its Only November...
How has your weather been treating you?
Wish we were somewhere else thats for sure!

xxdanioo 11-07-2012 02:52 PM

Friday and Saturday we are supposed to be getting snow.. poo. I have a four day long weekend! Its supposed to be 12 today, and all downhill from here. :( I am not ready for below 0 weather yet.

Spotted 11-07-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxdanioo (Post 1748305)
Friday and Saturday we are supposed to be getting snow.. poo. I have a four day long weekend! Its supposed to be 12 today, and all downhill from here. :( I am not ready for below 0 weather yet.

I hate winter, suppose to -20 in a couple days. really sucks. Seems early too.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 11-07-2012 02:55 PM

Right now it's almost 70 F here and we're going to get a cold snap this weekend. We MAY get rain Saturday night but no promises. We'll be almost 80F by Friday and down in the 50's next week warming toward the next weekend. Drought continues. I couldn't handle snow and grey for 6 months but at least you're getting snow, which means you'll get hay next year. Not sure what our winter holds.

Speed Racer 11-07-2012 02:59 PM

Well, they don't call it the Great Frozen North for nothing, y'all! :wink:

Spotted 11-07-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher Arabians (Post 1748313)
Right now it's almost 70 F here and we're going to get a cold snap this weekend. We MAY get rain Saturday night but no promises. We'll be almost 80F by Friday and down in the 50's next week warming toward the next weekend. Drought continues. I couldn't handle snow and grey for 6 months but at least you're getting snow, which means you'll get hay next year. Not sure what our winter holds.

I will send it your way, for sure!

strawberry paint 11-07-2012 03:20 PM

Spotted....I live in the province west from you and all I can say is....if it snows like it does rain...the snow line would be above our houses. As of today, it has cleared up somewhat and we're sitting around 10 degrees. My girls would gladly change places with you...they love the pickin' white stuff.
All I can say is...at least you get dry snow. When it snows at the coast...we get wet, slippery, mushy stuff that nobody knows how to drive in and we get the 'cold right to the bone' humidity factor to go with it as well.
I'm always glad when spring comes around the corner.

Spotted 11-07-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry paint (Post 1748340)
Spotted....I live in the province west from you and all I can say is....if it snows like it does rain...the snow line would be above our houses. As of today, it has cleared up somewhat and we're sitting around 10 degrees. My girls would gladly change places with you...they love the pickin' white stuff.
All I can say is...at least you get dry snow. When it snows at the coast...we get wet, slippery, mushy stuff that nobody knows how to drive in and we get the 'cold right to the bone' humidity factor to go with it as well.

Yup! can't wait for spring.

Cacowgirl 11-07-2012 03:34 PM

Might get some snow in this corner of AZ Friday or Saturday, but today we are sunny & warm, so enjoying it while I can. We had a fairly wet summer & now have more bugs than usual. 1 in particular has a nasty bite, so we have to be on the alert for that.

xxdanioo 11-07-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry paint (Post 1748340)

Ah, but we get the dreaded wind chill factor putting temps to -50 :( and ice roads from the dry cold. and bad drivers. boooo thinking about winter makes me sad. lol