The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Black Friday (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/black-friday-142830/)

Missy May 11-07-2012 09:19 PM

Black Friday

I love black Friday. I usually stay home and grab stuff on the internet. But, this year there is nothing on my "need" list. So, alas...I guess I won't go broke saving money this time around. boo hoo. I can't handle actually going out to brick and mortar stores - except maybe to Lowes (I wish I needed a red washer and dryer, though - the ones they always drop to half on BF).

What are your plans or ideas for the biggest shopping day of the year? Anyone??

smrobs 11-07-2012 10:15 PM

I stay the heck away from any sort of store on black friday. People get stupid and I don't tolerate large groups of people well, especially when they are stupid people.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Black Friday is still allowed to happen, considering how many people have been trampled either to death or to serious injury due to stampeding herds of non-humanity.

Missy May 11-07-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrobs (Post 1748901)
I stay the heck away from any sort of store on black friday. People get stupid and I don't tolerate large groups of people well, especially when they are stupid people.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Black Friday is still allowed to happen, considering how many people have been trampled either to death or to serious injury due to stampeding herds of non-humanity.

That is why I "shop it" on the internet. I hear you on "going out in town", though....I have done that once in my life. It was one of those "roped into going" situations, and I was very anxious about going (like you, I don't like large crowds), yet after I "got out there" I found it paled in comparison to the cluster fudge nightmare I imagined it would be. But, once was enough.

I like Amazon's lightening rounds - all in the peace of one's own home!