The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Trainer leaving :( other post messed up (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/trainer-leaving-other-post-messed-up-142836/)

candice and mateo 11-07-2012 08:55 PM

Trainer leaving :( other post messed up

So I get a text from the owner of the farm I'm boarding at asking me how many rides my trainer owes me. I said a few. She then tells me that my trainer is no longer allowed on the property and is moving her horses off the farm tonight! Apparently they had a disagreement over hay. My two and a half year old was right in the middle of training and was doing really well with her. I'm totally bummed. So the owner said she would pay me back for any rides I had left. I texted the trainer and asked and she said she had about 12 more rides to go. I paid for 25. I originally paid 450. So how much do I ask for back? And how in the world do I finish him out? Should I just leave it until the spring? Thought???
Posted via Mobile Device

natisha 11-07-2012 08:59 PM

At $18 per ride she owes you $216

You could wait or move with your trainer or find another trainer or haul to the trainer for schooling.

candice and mateo 11-07-2012 09:11 PM

Unfortunately she's moving about 45 min to an hour away and I really don't have the cash to pay for another trainer :(
Posted via Mobile Device

natisha 11-07-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candice and mateo (Post 1748892)
Unfortunately she's moving about 45 min to an hour away and I really don't have the cash to pay for another trainer :(
Posted via Mobile Device

The trainer should refund your money if you paid it to her.

candice and mateo 11-07-2012 09:24 PM

All of it?
Posted via Mobile Device

DancingArabian 11-07-2012 10:09 PM

She should refund you your unused lessons. The trainer, not the BO.