The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Thoroughbred Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/thoroughbred-conformation-critique-142866/)

16HHPocketPony 11-08-2012 12:01 AM

Thoroughbred Conformation Critique

3 Attachment(s)
This is my 5 YO rescued TB mare Jezebel.

The first photo is from a year or so ago with her first owner that had to give her up due to physical illness. She is currently not as filled out as the rescue she was at allowed her to get very skinny and I have only had her for three months. She is doing much better though! The second photo is from about a month ago. If any further pictures are needed please let me know :D THANKS :D

The last photo can't really be used for critique, but is there just to show her now if anyone is interested :-P This was just a few days ago--and face it. This post just got so much cuter :lol:

Attachment 117475

Attachment 117476

Attachment 117477

stevenson 11-08-2012 02:19 AM

hmm.. interesting color change on pic 1 and 2. pic 1 looks tied in at the knee
pic 2 looks sickle hocked. she looks fairly balanced and is a cute horse.
I dont see anything extremely wrong , but pic 2 of her having a tizzy about being tied is not the best pic ;).. overall she looks like a good ride . :) I used to ride a horse that was splay footed and crooked in the hind end, and she was the funnest smartest horse.

SorrelHorse 11-08-2012 02:38 AM

She's one of the few thoroughbreds I actually find attractive. I'm not a confo guru though, Haha.

Jore 11-08-2012 06:09 AM

I don't know too much about conformation (so I'm sure Elana will be along at one point to give her opinion), but she definitely has a cute face!

Elana 11-08-2012 08:56 AM

She is not a classic Thoroughbred (I like a good Thoroughbred.. nothing like them in the world!). However, she is quite a nice horse. She may be slightly down hill. She has a good topline and is a bit over at the knee in front (this is cosmetic and I would rather a bit over than back at the knee always). She has decnt bone and correct hing leg angles. Her shoulder is correct and she looks like she might jump nicely for hunter classes.

Her neck is a bit short and her head is just stuck on her neck without muchclass and little openness at the throatlatch.

She is a bit long thru the coupling.

She is a good horse.

16HHPocketPony 11-08-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenson (Post 1749270)
I dont see anything extremely wrong , but pic 2 of her having a tizzy about being tied is not the best pic ;)

Hehe, she is actually not having a tizzy :-P She is trained to do that upon my tapping her behind the leg and will hold it until I return with either rewards or just ask her to put it down. It's quite cute!

And yes, the first photo was summer of 2011, so she does have more red. When I got her, she was this pathetic washed out dun color with parts of her coat missing and rain rot and it was just the saddest thing. The photo from a month ago is when her coat started to get a little better, and now she's practically black! I'm assuming it's just that winter coat giving her such a dark color. Thanks for your response!! :D

16HHPocketPony 11-08-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorrelHorse (Post 1749277)
She's one of the few thoroughbreds I actually find attractive. I'm not a confo guru though, Haha.

Same here, haha :-) I usually don't like the traditional lanky thoroughbred from a physical aspect, but I do love the spirit they have! <3

Allegro 11-15-2012 11:26 PM

She looks very good. A nice short back....so often, thoroughbreds end up with long backs... She is buck kneed, but that isn't much of a problem...Buck kneed is much better than calf kneed and shouldnt cause any unsoundnesses apart from some extra strain on the joint. Overall, though, nice horse :)