Sore Muscles from Riding... HELP...
I haven't ridden in a couple of weeks, and since I have (yesterday and today), I've had REALLY sore muscles. But that's mainly because I've been riding non-stop for two hours yesterday (both walk and trot), and one hour today (walk and trot). Here are my questions about it:
1. Do they go away after a few more days of riding?
2. Is there anything you can do before the ride to minimize the amount of soreness?
3. Are there stretching exercizes that would help make my legs feel better?
Any other tips you guys could give would be lovely!! I use a lot of leg when I'm riding (and some of those horses don't respond until I kick... urgh), so that's a major reason as to why...
2. Somewhat...but not really. Your best bet is to keep doing more riding. You can try doing leg lifts and scissor leg lifts. Also, sit-ups or crunches.
3. Lunges and split leg stretches (or the splits, if you are more flexible than me :P ). Also, body twists and ab stretches. My best recommendation would be to get a basic yoga work-out dvd, like Yoga for Dummies or something. The basic routine on that dvd is awesome if you are sore.
I always strech before I ride..
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0