The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Christmas events! Are you and your horse doing one? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/christmas-events-you-your-horse-doing-142989/)

hoofprintonmyheart 11-09-2012 08:40 AM

Christmas events! Are you and your horse doing one?

I'm riding in a parade with my mare. I'm gonna tie some homemade felt ornaments, candy canes made out of beads and mini stockings to her front and back D-rings. The front ones will have her breast collar clips on them, of course, but there should be room for one or two. Then I'm going to sew white felt around a sheet of red felt to throw over her saddle pad. And to finish it off, I'll get her some reindeer antlers. (BTW, I would really, really appreciate instructions/tutorials on how to make antlers, as I'd rather not have to buy anything other than candy.)

So, I was wondering: what, if anything, are you guys doing with your horses for Christmas? :-)

BornToRun 11-09-2012 01:38 PM

I'm definitely not going into a parade. I don't think my schizophrenic gelding could handle that, and my mare isn't ready for one. I am going to go trail riding with my aunt and uncle, and I think my parents are going to come too, on Christmas Eve day

hoofprintonmyheart 11-09-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornToRun (Post 1751156)
I'm definitely not going into a parade. I don't think my schizophrenic gelding could handle that, and my mare isn't ready for one. I am going to go trail riding with my aunt and uncle, and I think my parents are going to come too, on Christmas Eve day

Sounds awesome! I haven't been able to do any trail riding, but I'm really hoping to be able to go on a nice winter one this year some time. :-)

BornToRun 11-09-2012 03:19 PM

The parade sounds like a lot of fun though! Hope you get out this winter ;)

AnalisaParalyzer 11-09-2012 04:15 PM

i may take annie to my parents for christmas, let my brother hang out with her some :) let my parents and my nana spoil her rotten. i swear they like her more than me lol XD

Cinder 11-09-2012 05:00 PM

I think my barn has a Christmas event, but I'm not sure if it's considered a show or what. The parade sounds like it's going to be fun!

Thunderspark 11-09-2012 11:04 PM

About 4 yrs. ago I dressed my mare up as an angel, I made huge wings that were attached to a wide ribbon that went where a girth would, made a halo and put red ribbons in her mane and tail LOL she looked so sweet!
I also made my one gelding into a elf LOL he wasn't totally happy about it but tolerated it and another gelding I made into Santa, I put a fake beard on him but I put it over his nose, guess it was tickling because he kept blowing it up and away with his nostrils LOL

MyLittleHunter 11-11-2012 10:07 AM

My barn has a Christmas party. I make stockings for my boys and stuff them with homemade treats. I'd like to take some Christmas pictures with them this year too, just need some snow first. lol

hoofprintonmyheart 11-16-2012 11:36 AM

That all sounds so great, guys! I found some discount Christmas bells and bows, so she'll be even more decked out. Lol, I love how my horse doesn't even care that I cover her in loud, obnoxious decorations. She's just like, "You can do it Bambi. There's treats for you at the end." :-p

hoofprintonmyheart 11-16-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyLittleHunter (Post 1753205)
My barn has a Christmas party. I make stockings for my boys and stuff them with homemade treats. I'd like to take some Christmas pictures with them this year too, just need some snow first. lol

That sounds awesome! I'd like to send out Christmas cards with all my pets dressed up this year. I'm not sure how I'll dress up a fish or gerbil, though...:?