The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fundraising/Sponsorship Ideas for High School Equestrians

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  SorrelHorse 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

Well...It's almost that time of year again for me. Oregon High School Equestrian Team time, that is. :lol:

This year I have three totally new girls to the team. That means we have enough for a drill team and working pairs, which means we need to raise $300 per rider, plus money for stalls and RV spaces (Will come to around $250 per meet, 3 meets + state if we qualify) as well as money for new polo wraps (Sets of green and white for four horses), new flags, new nylon headstalls, reins, saddle blankets, glitter, ribbon, etc...You get the idea. :)

I guess you could say we are in a financial tight spot as a team. We really want to do these team events and be able to pay our fees in full, so we need some ideas for not only fundraising but for any sort of business that may be willing to sponsor us if we put out business cards or a banner in front of our stalls.

I've got some questions too. Do you think it would be unreasonable to contact local businesses (Like people who make custom polos, tail bags, leather work, etc) to ask them for donations in exchange for promoting their product or possibly just a discount off the product?

I really want to contact this place: IT'S A WRAP EQUINE DESIGNS CREATES A PATENTED EQUINE TAIL BRAID, CUSTOM BRIDLE BAGS, PATENTED WRAPSODY POLO WRAPS, FLEECE POLO WRAPS, ENGLISH & WESTERN SADDLE PADS & COVERS AND SO MUCH MORE and ask about her maybe making us our polo wraps for drill. She is a pretty popular small business around here. Also, maybe contacting Rockstar Custom Leather (who is a friend of mine) and asking for that as well, maybe.

Feel free to chime in opinions and anything else you may think of...We are a small team in comparison to some and are finding it a little hard to do a lot of the working fundraisers (carwashes, can drives, etc) so we are thinking more along the lines of the diplomatic approach. :)

Also if you'd like to see more about this association go to www.ohset.com :) We are one of the few states to offer equestrian teams at a high school level and it is an amazing opportunity.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.