The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hunters and Hunter Seat Equitation (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/)
-   -   How does my form look??? (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/how-does-my-form-look-143294/)

natpav 11-12-2012 10:43 AM

How does my form look???

3 Attachment(s)
This is from my first show this year. I showed when I was younger and then started showing this past year. I decided to just do ground poles to get a feel for the hunters and enjoyed it greatly. I ride at a small lesson barn, and these are the small schooling shows at my barn, very informal. We are now up to jumping 18"-2 foot range. He really isn't a hunter horse, and doesn't have a hunter look. Shows are very very informal though. I will try to get better pics later, but this is all I have for now. My release isn't that great, but it is ground poles. Excuse my derp face in some of these pics

natpav 11-12-2012 10:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one of us when we were both a few years younger, just for your entertainment

Klassic Superstar 11-12-2012 01:39 PM

These angles don't show enough of your whole body to really tell you anything.
What I see is your way to tense through yout shoulders to wrists, compromising your hip angle with how tense you are.
Your reins are way to long and I'm pretty sure your stirrups should go up a few holes.

equiniphile 11-12-2012 03:12 PM

The angles aren't very good for critiqueing, but I can see that you're leaning on your horse's neck in the first photo to balance. You also need to pick up contact with your horse's mouth.

And I'm just being nit-picky now, but your back number should be on your lower back.

Cute horse! Is he yours?

ThoroughbredJumper 11-12-2012 03:42 PM

Long reins, sharp cut shoulders, long stirrups, looks like you're leaning your hand on your horses neck... Cant really tell though. Take a side view shot, that would be more helpful :) GOOD LUCK! :D

ThoroughbredJumper 11-12-2012 03:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Since yall are so keen on critiquing things, i would like info on my form as well! :D thanks for any advice! :)

jumanji321 11-12-2012 03:57 PM

Thoroughbredjumper, you should make your own thread for critique instead of using another person's. It's considered rude to take attention away from the OP.

ThoroughbredJumper 11-12-2012 04:00 PM

i did and hardly heard anything. Simply that my horse was cute. Im sorry, i did not take that into account and apologize.

natpav 11-12-2012 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you, and no I wish he was mine. Here is a pic from our most recent show and a better angle. Thought I would throw in that I have scoliosis and bad back problems that are currently being treated. This has helped with the stiffness throughout my body. My form has drastically improved over the past couple of months after I started working intensivley with our manager.

natpav 11-12-2012 10:54 PM

Also referring to having my hands on the neck, that is a habit I broke, but the camera always seems to catch me at the wrong time, I will get better ones soon!