The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   What is "in style"? (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/what-style-143296/)

MangoRoX87 11-12-2012 10:55 AM

What is "in style"?

I was walking around the booths at the AQHA world looking at show shirts..only wishing I had a grand to just throw at a shirt..

I'm a pretty creative person, so I decided to make my own.

I got a fairly good idea of what is in style and what isn't in the show world, but what are some trends you have noticed?
All I saw were lots of swirls, geometric shapes and flowers..I'm looking more for a shirt thats like YO. HERE I AM. LOOK FOO. but not over powering..hahah

Nightside 11-12-2012 10:57 AM

One of my friends from middle school is riding there! I would have no idea what's popular, I was always minimalist
Posted via Mobile Device

Dreamcatcher Arabians 11-12-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoRoX87 (Post 1754512)
I was walking around the booths at the AQHA world looking at show shirts..only wishing I had a grand to just throw at a shirt..

I'm a pretty creative person, so I decided to make my own.

I got a fairly good idea of what is in style and what isn't in the show world, but what are some trends you have noticed?
All I saw were lots of swirls, geometric shapes and flowers..I'm looking more for a shirt thats like YO. HERE I AM. LOOK FOO. but not over powering..hahah

I noticed that vests seem to be coming back in. Not plain ones but very very blingy and rail jackets with a LOT of embroidery and bling. I was there yesterday too, but I went to the AQHA World Sale, saw some very nice horses.

MangoRoX87 11-12-2012 11:01 AM

I was really wanting to go to the sale! darn...

I noticed the vests too...not sure if I could bring myself to do that....

Dreamcatcher Arabians 11-12-2012 11:05 AM

I nearly froze to death in the sale barn, was wishing I'd gone to shop instead of watching the auction.

I like the vests, but I prefer the rail jackets for a cohesive look. I like to have matching chaps with the jacket and some decoration on the chaps to tie them to the jacket. I'll be glad when the $5000 WP outfit is no longer obligatory and all the fancy stuff kind of calms down. I prefer not so over the top. For one thing, it's rarely comfortable to ride in.

MangoRoX87 11-12-2012 03:07 PM

I'm getting more serious about reining competitions, and I know you really don't have to dress over the top in these shows since your the only one in the arena so all eyes are on you already.

I just like sparkles :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Muppetgirl 11-12-2012 03:30 PM

Yup....that's what I like about the reining shows....it's about you and the horse....not about you, the horse, the saddle, the bridle, the chaps, and the 200,000 Swarovski crystals you have glued to your a$$! :lol:

MangoRoX87 11-12-2012 03:54 PM

Exactly! I was thinking of just doing a solid color shirt, and have a whole lot of sparkles on the shoulders that fade down the rest of the shirt:P
Posted via Mobile Device

Muppetgirl 11-12-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoRoX87 (Post 1754852)
Exactly! I was thinking of just doing a solid color shirt, and have a whole lot of sparkles on the shoulders that fade down the rest of the shirt:P
Posted via Mobile Device

What? Not on your a$$? Lol!!!! :lol:

paintedpastures 11-12-2012 05:18 PM

I see the trend to less bling for WP classes,plain solid color shirt & simple scarf:D. Horsemanship & SMS you still have shirts with bling. Vests are making a comeback but are more square looking style /lines{not sure I like looks:?} with plain shirt under not the slinky style shirts.