The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Brock's breeding - any other guesses? :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/brocks-breeding-any-other-guesses-143337/)

EvilHorseOfDoom 11-12-2012 05:49 PM

Brock's breeding - any other guesses? :)

5 Attachment(s)
OK, I have some new pics that may be clearer and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to have a go at guessing - I keep changing my mind as to what he is!! Note: he was sold to me as a TB, but pretty sure he isn't. He's about 15.3-16hh, if it helps at all.

So far, educated guesses have been Appendix and TBxAndalusian - I'm happy whatever he is but I'd love to hear any other thoughts :D

Attachment 117950

Attachment 117951

Attachment 117952

Attachment 117953

Attachment 117954

lilruffian 11-12-2012 05:51 PM

Honestly, he just looks like a plain old TB to me. They do come in all shapes and sizes, though they always have a "look" about them that screams Thoroughbred.

deserthorsewoman 11-12-2012 05:57 PM

Im all for pure TB
A well fed TB and a pretty boy too:-)

Endiku 11-12-2012 08:55 PM

Well he's quite obviously a purebred Gorgeous. Didn't you get papers on him? ;) its very easily recognizable, you know.

Though I'm wondering if there's a tad bit of the Should-Be-Endiku's breed in there too. You should do a genetic test to see if there is any and do the right thing if he does have some of it in him...

Merlot 11-12-2012 09:55 PM

If he is an unbranded Tb count yourself lucky - he will be a superb horse as he won't have been raced or even trialed.
He certainly looks like a (well padded) Tb to me :-)

EvilHorseOfDoom 11-12-2012 10:08 PM

He could very well be pure TB - just very unusual for them to not be bred for racing (which he wasn't as he's unbranded with no ID) over here. Also, BIG feet and his legs aren't fine at all. But that might be because he's from a non-racing line. I have me a grade horse :-P

deserthorsewoman - Well-fed? Too kind of you! He's proper fat, he is - on a very sparse paddock and currently getting no extra feed but he gets fat off fresh air. I almost wish he was a hard keeper - I still pay the same amount for board as I would if he got 2 feeds and heaps of pasture, and at least I wouldn't be constantly stressing about him being too fat!

Endiku - thank you!! I keep thinking he's only gorgeous in my eyes so it's nice to see someone else appreciate him lol. I'll check for any signs saying he's a Should-Be-Endiku on Saturday ;-)

deserthorsewoman 11-13-2012 01:21 AM

I know the feeling.....my little Arab just looks at food and turns into a blimp....oh how I wish I had a hard keeper for a change.....soooo much easier to add than to take away:-)

stevenson 11-13-2012 01:36 AM

my guess would be the same as everyone elses. TB . maybe a tbxwarmblood.
Very pretty.

Kayceelynn 11-13-2012 02:20 AM

My guess is either warmblood thourghbred or mix
Posted via Mobile Device

CattieD 11-13-2012 06:13 AM

I would say thoroughbred. We've had plenty straight off the track and due to steroids they look really heavy built like there not pure breds but we have papers. So he might be the same we have a thoroughbred gelding and he's 8 now but he looks like a warm blood but we have his papers, he stands at 17.2 hands tall
Posted via Mobile Device