The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hunters and Hunter Seat Equitation (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/)
-   -   Critique? (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/critique-143350/)

rhunterjumper12 11-12-2012 08:48 PM

Critique?

I was wondering if anyone would critique my 12 y/o TB/WB X and I. He's out of shape recovering from an injury at the time this was shot. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

MyBoyPuck 11-15-2012 05:41 PM

Looks just as advertised. Out of shape and coming back from injury. He's behind the leg, having trouble keeping his balance and needs more impulsion. On the good side, he knows where he should be in a perfect world, his rhythm is nice, and you're providing him with generous supple contact he can reach into. I bet he looks fantastic once he's back into shape.

Endiku 11-15-2012 05:45 PM

I agree with Puck. He's absolutely lovely but you can definitely tell that he's been off for a while. He's being ridden very cleanly though and in a few months after building up some muscle and regaining his balance, I'll bet he'll be phenominal. You can tell he's really trying!

huntermare2 01-02-2013 10:46 PM

Love this video, however, I'd like to see a more forward moving trot to balance him out. He looks nice and supple, but needs a bit more bend which comes from using your inside leg more consistently. Also, WRISTS UP :) He looks like a lovely horse!

tinyliny 01-02-2013 11:07 PM

I agree that he needs more energy. To that affect, I would not be sitting the trot just now. and let go of his head a bit more, you are lowering his head by lowering your hands and he gets behind the bit and just crashing onto his front legs.
Get him to just put his head where he wants for a bit, but insist on him responding to your leg more; forward and sideways. Get a crop and carry it to encourage him to work harder. I can see that you are working too hard with your lower leg and it is making your heels come up and you get too "grippy". Stiffles forward umph.