The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Miniature Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/)
-   -   Hot Dog! Baby on the way! (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/hot-dog-baby-way-143365/)

tigggr1570 11-12-2012 11:15 PM

Hot Dog! Baby on the way!

I just found out today that my 4 year old Palamino mini is about a month along! We are looking at end of August beginning of September baby! :) I am so excited! My first foal and I think her second. :lol: I am so excited I can barely stand it!

Lins 11-12-2012 11:18 PM

Congrats! Was it a planned pregnancy? Is she getting prenatal care? The excitement and anticipation of a brand new baybay is exciting, but its important to focus of the health and care of both. Be prepared!
Posted via Mobile Device

tigggr1570 11-12-2012 11:28 PM

vet care

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lins (Post 1755465)
Congrats! Was it a planned pregnancy? Is she getting prenatal care? The excitement and anticipation of a brand new baybay is exciting, but its important to focus of the health and care of both. Be prepared!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, vet care. Vet was out today. She told me same care as I am giving her for now. At 5 months we will start the vaccinations she needs (5,7,9 mo) and in the 8th month we will discuss what she needs then. I will do a lot of research between now and then and I am planning on building her another stall so she has her own. (I currently have a 2 stall (coral) barn with a tack room. I am going to put the same on the back side of the barn except the tack will then be another stall so I will have 5 total stalls/corals-they have a covered area and an open area which gives them more room)

Oh, we were hoping for a baby, so yes-planned

Lins 11-13-2012 12:01 AM

Good for you, you sound well prepared and ready to go :) its nice to hear after reading so many of the crazy threads lately. any pics of the expectant mother? Or the father if known?
Posted via Mobile Device

tigggr1570 11-13-2012 12:19 AM

Pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lins (Post 1755540)
Good for you, you sound well prepared and ready to go :) its nice to hear after reading so many of the crazy threads lately. any pics of the expectant mother? Or the father if known?
Posted via Mobile Device

I have pics of them in my horses file. Honey Bee is the momma. She is a Great Grand daughter of Buckaroo and then Little Dude is the Sire.

FeatheredFeet 11-13-2012 01:39 PM

Congrats on your foal-to-be. What are your plans for it? What do you do with your Minis? Your mare seems very young to have already had one foal. Are you sure about that? Seems you have all your ducks in a row and are getting prepared. I imagine you know that Minis are notorious for having pregnancy and foaling difficulties. According to what is known about the horses in the pedigree, have both been tested for Frame?

Who is the stallion? Unfortunately, there are many Minis by that name. Same withe 'Honey Bee'. Minis seem to share many of the same names. I suspect you mean that your mare is a ggrandaughter of Boones Little Buckeroo? We have a great grandson of his also. Ours is gelded. Nice pedigree but not top breeding quality. Buckeroo has literally thousands of great grandchildren about now.

Insist on seeing pictures here!!!

Lizzie

tigggr1570 11-13-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeatheredFeet (Post 1756127)
Congrats on your foal-to-be. What are your plans for it? What do you do with your Minis? Your mare seems very young to have already had one foal. Are you sure about that? Seems you have all your ducks in a row and are getting prepared. I imagine you know that Minis are notorious for having pregnancy and foaling difficulties. According to what is known about the horses in the pedigree, have both been tested for Frame?

Who is the stallion? Unfortunately, there are many Minis by that name. Same withe 'Honey Bee'. Minis seem to share many of the same names. I suspect you mean that your mare is a ggrandaughter of Boones Little Buckeroo? We have a great grandson of his also. Ours is gelded. Nice pedigree but not top breeding quality. Buckeroo has literally thousands of great grandchildren about now.

Insist on seeing pictures here!!!

Lizzie

Actually, I was mistaken on the foal, it was my other one that I got at the same time that had a foal last year. I got them confused.

Mamma is "My HoneyBee's A Buckaroo" and my Daddy is "Huffman's Classic Little Dude".

I do know that mini's can have issues and plan to watch her like a hawk!

I am not sure what you mean about frame.

FeatheredFeet 11-13-2012 03:04 PM

I remember this particular 'Dude'. I think he used to belong to someone on our Mini forum. Can't quite remember who right now.

If you decide to breed Minis - even if they appear to be solid, you definitely need to be well educated about Frame and what it can do. Frame hides very well. Google LWO and read all about it.

Lizzie

tigggr1570 11-13-2012 03:19 PM

little dude came from susan peters who got her from janet ince and she showed him. He has several awards. He is homozygous for red. Honey bee isn't homozygous for anything.

I see what you mean about frame now. thanks for the info

crisco41 12-28-2012 05:55 PM

congrads on th eupcoming baby. I to ohave a new mare expecting..and am very excited! Goodluck. May have missed it but when is she due?