The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Dressage Selenie. It's okay, you can laugh - It's funny! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/dressage-selenie-its-okay-you-can-143377/)

SorrelHorse 11-13-2012 01:29 AM

Dressage Selenie. It's okay, you can laugh - It's funny!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JDI and Kayty are going to get a laugh out of this one. :lol: :lol:

I was watching all these old videos and I found this. I don't even know. This was literally a "I need a fifth event for the equestrian team meet" followed by "Why not dressage?"

I didn't even ride her english until that day. :rofl: She felt like she was stuck in molasses too but I couldn't find a way to spur anymore without alerting the judge so I just decided I didn't care about the class and left it...Lmao...My cow pony was so confused. Unless there's a barrel/pole or cow in the arena, she's going to fall asleep. This was back in our "Mom, I couldn't POSSIBLY engage my hind end..." phase too. Hehe. You can even see her once THINK about bucking because she was getting bored - But hell, it's what she does.

I just can't stop laughing! Last time I did dressage was on this massive warmblood and HE made ME look good, but now both of us who don't know what we're doing just make us look ridiculous. :lol::lol::lol: Keep in mind this was quite awhile ago. It's just for giggles.

Yeah yeah backstory over and here you go....Enjoy that :lol:

Kayty 11-13-2012 01:40 AM

Naw!
You did well for not having ridden English on her - you'd be surprised, I've seen SHOCKINGLY ridden tests by people who are supposedly Dressage riders, that you would easily have beaten!
It was all pretty accurate and you ride nice and quietly. Good on you for giving it a go :P Those prelim/training tests are so boring to ride!!!!

tinyliny 11-13-2012 01:42 AM

I seen a LOT worse than that. JDI and Kayty might laugh, but I doubt it. Given your horse, you did very well. I like your cowpony, who I bet can go all day at that tidy trot and canter.

SorrelHorse 11-13-2012 01:45 AM

Hahaha, thanks guys! She's a fun little thing to have around. We felt pretty tiny in the warm up arena with these MASSIVE dressage and jumping horses, none of which could be under 16hh...And Selena is 13.3hh. :rofl:

EvilHorseOfDoom 11-13-2012 05:58 AM

Subbing to watch when I'm on a computer :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

kayleeloveslaneandlana 11-13-2012 06:25 AM

Haha that's pretty amazing considering that was your first time riding her English! You do a lot better then a lot of riders out there.

And OH MY GOODNESS I can't believe she's only 13.3! That's so cute ahaha.

kassierae 11-13-2012 06:41 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

MHFoundation Quarters 11-13-2012 08:53 AM

Go little cowpony go! I didn't realize she was THAT little! If you decide to sell her someday in the future you better let me know first. I always have a student (or my own kiddo..) looking for an all-around pony.

Inga 11-13-2012 09:07 AM

I think you did a great job first time out. The funny video would have been of you in the warm up area with the giant warmbloods. ha ha

SorrelHorse 11-13-2012 03:41 PM

Mandy - You'll definitely get first pick :) Hehe. I don't know if we could ever part with her though. :lol:

Thanks for the compliments you guys :)