The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   New from Oklahoma! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/new-oklahoma-14344/)

NoFear526 09-04-2008 07:47 PM

New from Oklahoma!

Howdy ya'll!

I'm from Oklahoma, but originally from Ohio.
We're out here in Oklahoma because my Husband is military.

Anyhow, I've been riding for about 13 years now.
I've ridden both English & Western, but primarily English.
I've competed and trained in Dressage, Hunters, Jumpers, and Eventing.
I've also co-managed a Hunter/Jumper/Dressage stable with my Trainer and taught lessons to Beginners through Advanced, as well as took students to local shows & some rated shows.

I've owned horses throughout all the years, but my most recent was a registered Trakehner mare. She was green broke when I bought her. Her very first Hunter Schooling show we took Reserve Champion. She was showing & winning 2'6 classes after a year, and we were schooling 3' to start competing in some rated shows, when I unfortunately sold her due to lack of time. At that time I was co-managing the stable and teaching lessons, and was losing time to devote to her.

After moving out here to Oklahoma, I have gone trail riding twice, just trying to stay around horses.
I just got a job working as a Ranch Hand, and it is for St. Judes Childrens Hospital. I am very excited to start it.

Well, that is me in a nutshell.

See ya'll around!

buckaroo2010 09-04-2008 07:55 PM

Welcome to the Horse Forum!
Nice to meet you :)

PoptartShop 09-04-2008 09:02 PM

Welcome to the Horse Forum. :)

wildhorsemoon 09-05-2008 12:12 AM

Welcome to the forum

I am new to the forums myself, but I am in Oklahoma. Welcome ! I am in Norman. Will you be here long ? In Oklahoma that is !

Tracey

Kirsti Arndt 09-05-2008 11:58 AM

welcome and congrats on the new employ and new state-

NoFear526 09-05-2008 01:00 PM

Re: Welcome to the forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildhorsemoon
I am new to the forums myself, but I am in Oklahoma. Welcome ! I am in Norman. Will you be here long ? In Oklahoma that is !

Tracey

As of now we'll be here another year or about!

We are in Midwest City.. close to the base!

wildhorsemoon 09-07-2008 01:46 AM

Hi again

I had wondered if that was where you were. It is a shame you had to sell your mare. I hope you will be able to pick up your riding again before too long. Midwest City is about 30 minutes North of me, I don't live too far from the OU stadium.

Where did you go trail riding at - Draper Lake ?