The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Side Pull Rope Hackamore Bitless Bridle Attachment

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Poseidon 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I used one similar to this and LOVED it. However, I don't like how this one has the "wrapped" rope, and I hate the knots. Why do these supposed "gentler" riding devices insist on those dang knots!!

The one I used was just soft nylon cord the whole way through. Worked really, really well and I feel it was a very mild hackamore, yet still had control when needed.

#6 ·
Knots like these:

That's my mare's bridle. It's not an Indian Hackamore like the second one you posted, just a sidepull. She prefers it by far over a bit and I don't have to get in her face very often, so it works for us. I like having the knots, but only because she can be a ***** and gets a pop to the nose when she deserves it. When my hands are resting, the knots have no pressure on her face. If I pull back, they hit pressure points.

#7 ·
Knots like these:

That's my mare's bridle. It's not an Indian Hackamore like the second one you posted, just a sidepull. She prefers it by far over a bit and I don't have to get in her face very often, so it works for us. I like having the knots, but only because she can be a ***** and gets a pop to the nose when she deserves it. When my hands are resting, the knots have no pressure on her face. If I pull back, they hit pressure points.
Where can i find the sort of attachment that you have? i want to have some control over my horse but i dont want him to get hurt. thanks!

#8 · (Edited)
Side Pull Rope Hackamore BITLESS Bridle Attachment | eBay

That's essentially the same thing. I suppose you could ask about the stitching over top and send them my picture. I got mine from a lady who made a small business out of it, but she wasn't the greatest businesswoman and I believe eventually just quit making them.

I prefer the control of the knots. I usually don't need to use it, but she's gone full dumb *** and bolted across fields. I wouldn't have been able to haul her to a stop in a halter, but those knots hurt quite a bit after a while of full force pulling and she eventually would come to her senses and doesn't try that kind of stunt again.

#9 ·
Side Pull Rope Hackamore BITLESS Bridle Attachment | eBay

That's essentially the same thing. I suppose you could ask about the stitching over top and send them my picture. I got mine from a lady who made a small business out of it, but she wasn't the greatest businesswoman and I believe eventually just quit making them.

I prefer the control of the knots. I usually don't need to use it, but she's gone full dumb *** and bolted across fields. I wouldn't have been able to haul her to a stop in a halter, but those knots hurt quite a bit after a while of full force pulling and she eventually would come to her senses and doesn't try that kind of stunt again.
Thanks! can you ride these with split reins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.